You are not logged in.

#1 2007-11-04 17:49:57

Hide

Several bluetooth problems

I cant get my Nokia 6120 to see PC via bluetooth. I have installed both gnome-bluetooth and kdebluetooth. At first, PC couldn't find the phone, but after:
hcitool hci0 up
hcitool scan

everything turned up to be fine. So, here are my questions:

1) how to make the phone see my pc?
2) how to send files from PC to phone (i guess this is confusing, but in Ubuntu, i would use "nautilus > right click > send to > bluetooth device")
3) is there a way to solve these problems without any Qt based clients? big_smile

Last edited by Hide (2007-11-04 17:50:50)

#2 2007-11-10 09:15:30

antis

Re: Several bluetooth problems

I have set up bluetooth on my little media server so that I can use my SE phone to remotecontrol it. I'm using fluxbox so no gui clients are needed for this at all.

1) Make sure you have started the hidd. If it's not started, do it by issueing "hidd --server" on you pc.
2) To send files to my pc I'm using obexftp. Make obexftp listen for incoming files by starting it with: "obexftpd -b -v". This will save any incoming files to the directoy in wich you started it. A simple script could look like this:

#! /bin/bash

cd /home/ftp/upload
obexftpd -b -v

3) yes smile

#3 2007-11-10 11:41:10

Damnshock

Re: Several bluetooth problems

Hide wrote:

I cant get my Nokia 6120 to see PC via bluetooth. I have installed both gnome-bluetooth and kdebluetooth. At first, PC couldn't find the phone, but after:
hcitool hci0 up
hcitool scan

everything turned up to be fine. So, here are my questions:

1) how to make the phone see my pc?
2) how to send files from PC to phone (i guess this is confusing, but in Ubuntu, i would use "nautilus > right click > send to > bluetooth device")
3) is there a way to solve these problems without any Qt based clients? big_smile

1) You'll have to make your computer discoverable. Edit /etc/bluetooth/hcid.conf and add:

discovto        0;

To the options section

2) That depends... I have no problems within kde, there's a direct option wink Under gnome, you may have to install gnome-bluetooth

3) In fact, usually qt based apps haven't worked perfectly to me in the past. Now gtk and qt bluetooth apps are at the same level IMHO

My blog: blog.marcdeop.com
Jabber ID: damnshock@jabber.org

Board footer