You are not logged in.

#1 2007-11-30 22:17:05

Stalafin

XFCE4 & Preferred Applications; Mail reader 'claws mail' wont open

Configuring my XFCE4 setup I wanted to set Claws Mail as my standard mail client, such that when I open links in my browser pointing to mail addresses (mailto:user@provider.domain) that specified mail clilent automatically opens and lets me type my mail right away.

Now... that doesn't work. First Sylpheed Claws was set as my Mail Reader (apparently installing claws mails leads to two entries in the /usr/bin, one for Claws Mail and one for Sylpheed Claws). I switched to Claws Mail, and... it doesnt work.

So, what is there to do about this issue? Any workarounds?

I am using Epiphany as my browser, if that's relevant.

Ah, I also wanted to track this problem down by opening Epiphany in the terminal and see what happens (error messages that is). But it won't open in the shell. sad I start it, it runs, but there is nothing printed in the prompt (if I close the terminal again, epiphany stays open). Can I force it to run inside the shell?

#2 2010-10-19 14:50:11

skunk_junior

Re: XFCE4 & Preferred Applications; Mail reader 'claws mail' wont open

Although the post is quite old -- I have the same problems using awesome window manager, epiphany browser and claws-mail.

If someone still uses Epiphany with webkit see

http://www.mail-archive.com/epiphany-li … 03090.html

For epiphany 2.30 I tried

$ mkdir -p ~/.gconf/desktop/gnome/url-handlers/mailto
$ gconftool-2 --set /desktop/gnome/url-handlers/mailto/command -t string 'claws-mail --compose %s'
$ gconftool-2 --set /desktop/gnome/url-handlers/mailto/enabled -t bool true

But it won't work ;-( Has anyone ideas?

It's not a bug -- it's a feature!

#3 2010-11-10 06:06:06

Inxsible
Forum Fellow

Re: XFCE4 & Preferred Applications; Mail reader 'claws mail' wont open

skunk_junior, seeing that you are new to the forums, I would suggest that you read the forum rules about resurrecting old threads. Please create a new thread and link to this to let people know what you have tried. Things change a lot with rolling release distros like Arch. What was valid a year ago,might not be the case anymore.

Closing for necrobumping.

Forum Rules

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots !

Board footer