You are not logged in.

#1 2004-04-27 18:18:36

deepfreeze

mozilla kills my router?

Admittedly this is the strangest thing I've ever seen with Linux, and not sure if this is related to Arch or to mozilla, but I'll fire it out there and see if anyone else has had a similar experience.

I have a small (2 boxes) home network running on a Netgear RP614 router.  One box runs Arch and the other WinXP. I have had this for over a year with no problems whatsoever, but 2 weeks ago I ran into a strange problem with firefox where the "forward" and "back" buttons completely disappeared from the navigation bar.  After trying to figure it out, I just broke down and installed mozilla proper from pacman. Since that point, there have been nothing but problems.  Mozilla will start normally, but whenever I try to navigate to any URL, the network will become unresponsive. I cannot resolve any URLs on either box after this point, nor can I ping my router or access it from entering 192.168.0.1 in my browser (on either box).  The only "solution" comes from unplugging my router and plugging it back in, where it will work again until I try to use Mozilla.

I have no clue why this problem would arise out of the blue.  I recently upgraded to kernel 2.6.5, but don't think this is the issue since I was still able to use the Web on 2.6.5 and then this problem popped up.  It doesn't seem to be hardware related, but then again I'm not a hardware guru.  Any input or thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

My hovercraft is full of eels.

#2 2004-04-28 19:21:46

xerxes2
Website

Re: mozilla kills my router?

It must be a problem with Windblows FCXP!!
Open source is not always compatible with closed source!

arch + gentoo + initng + python = enlisy

Board footer