You are not logged in.

#1 2008-02-19 17:43:28

mrbug

Novell File Server

Is it possible to make a Novell file server in (Arch) Linux? I have some projects in mind at work that could possibly require this ability. I could use SMB, but only as a last resort -- the network is primarily Novell-based.

dvdtube - download all uploads from a YouTube user and then optionally create a DVD.
(Regular version AUR link / SVN version AUR link)

#2 2008-02-27 10:00:32

Benedict_White
Website

Re: Novell File Server

It depends on what you mean by a Novell file server. I presume you mean a NetWare file server, in which case NetWare 7 does run on Linux, but normally SUSE. So you would have to look to see what independent downloads you could get from Novell's website to install it. Much will be binary only.

Kind regards

Benedict White

#3 2008-02-27 10:54:20

Benedict_White
Website

You could, if you want to be a NetWare 2 or 3 server try MarS NWE from here:
ftp://www.compu-art.de/mars_nwe/mars_nwe.html

Though building it does not look fun. However there is a thread on it here.

Kind regards

Benedict White

#4 2008-02-28 21:43:24

mrbug

Gah, I did mean NetWare file server... I should have responded to my post about this -- I realized that I was going about it all wrong. I needed to make a streaming video server, not a file server. SFTP will suffice for transferring files to/from the server.

Thanks for your response, though. MarS NWE seems to be the closest thing out there other than going with NW 7... but I could just go with NW 7.

dvdtube - download all uploads from a YouTube user and then optionally create a DVD.
(Regular version AUR link / SVN version AUR link)

Board footer