You are not logged in.

#1 2008-03-08 22:58:16

sajro

Planning on using Arch for a web server/torrent tracker/torrent s[...]

I'm going to be making a web server/torrent tracker/torrent seed (hopefully) from Arch on an old-ish HP NetServer E 800. I was going to go with Debian, but I like the KISS Arch brings and with a server on the slim hardware I'm using, even Debian is too big esp. compared to Arch. [If the hardware's not up to Arch (highly doubtful) I'll have to resort to *gasp* Gentoo.]

I saw the tutorial on the wiki for Arch with Apache, LAMP, etc. so that's fine. I do, however, have a question about torrent stuff. I'm wanting to track and seed my band's torrents off the same machine (obviously, it won't be the sole tracker; TPB/Mininova/etc.), where its site is (two separate domains: .com for the main site, .org for the email, legal stuff, and BT tracker).

I am planning on using XBTT as the tracker and XBTC + web interface as the seed client. My main (and only, as of yet) problem is that there are no instructions on the XBTT site or Arch wiki for using Arch with XBT(T/C). I guess the only difference is getting the tools needed. Are these included with Arch, in the main repos, or somewhere available for Arch? Also, would there be a conflict seeding from the same machine the tracker is on?

If that doesn't work, I'm thinking Opentracker. I don't expect too many peers but we might get Dugg, Slashdotted, Stumbled, or promoted by TPB (they like when bands release over BT). So, I want a tracker than can handle the unlikely event of a large number of peers.

Also, does anyone know of a Python frontend to XBTT? PHP is fine, but really prefer Python to integrate with the remainder of the site.

Thanks in advance,
Sajro

Board footer