You are not logged in.

#1 2008-03-12 23:23:08

vytalelementz

configure vsftpd [SOLVED]

Hello,

I just installed and configured vsftpd but having trouble ftping to the computer I just installed it on. It was working before I enabled tcp_wrappers, but when I tried to enable it according to instructions on the wiki I time out every time I try to ftp. It mentions adding something to the hosts.allow file when it is enabled but it is not specific on what I should add and I'm sure this is why I can't ftp when I decided to enable tcp_wrappers. I was hoping someone could enlighten me on what I need to add to my hosts.allow file in order to ftp when tcp_wrappers is enabled. Any help is appreciated.

Last edited by vytalelementz (2008-05-08 02:24:17)

Best Regards,

The Vytalone

#2 2008-03-13 20:27:15

sarah32

Re: configure vsftpd [SOLVED]

vytalelementz wrote:

Hello,

I just installed and configured vsftpd but having trouble ftping to the computer I just installed it on. It was working before I enabled tcp_wrappers, but when I tried to enable it according to instructions on the wiki I time out every time I try to ftp. It mentions adding something to the hosts.allow file when it is enabled but it is not specific on what I should add and I'm sure this is why I can't ftp when I decided to enable tcp_wrappers. I was hoping someone could enlighten me on what I need to add to my hosts.allow file in order to ftp when tcp_wrappers is enabled. Any help is appreciated.

Hello,

It is actually very simple. If tcp_wrappers is enabled, vsftp incomming connections will be filters through the wrappers... a bit like a firewall layer or whatever someone else will call it.

Edit it the hosts.allow file and add vsftp : ALL, then press "enter" to leave a carrier return.

Let me know if that worked smile

cheers,

#3 2008-05-08 02:23:53

vytalelementz

Re: configure vsftpd [SOLVED]

I believe I have tried that all ready. Oh well, I'll just stick with proftp for the time being. One day I'll try it again. Thanks for the reply though. :-D

Best Regards,

The Vytalone

Board footer