You are not logged in.

#1 2008-03-17 09:22:29

pestilence
Website

NetworkManager

Hello all,
I am experiencing problems with NetworkManager, allthough I have configured 2 Locations in it (Home and work) whenever I click on the Locations nothing happens.
I can connect to interfaces through the nm-applet but the Location configuration is not actually working in the NetworkManager.
My rc.conf:

INTERFACES=(lo !eth0 !eth1 !eth2)
DAEMONS=(syslog-ng !network dhcdbd networkmanager netfs crond portmap fam hal gdm alsa stbd)

#2 2008-03-17 09:43:32

hacosta

Re: NetworkManager

lo is not needed anymore in the INTERFACES array, and network should be started

#3 2008-03-17 09:53:15

pestilence
Website

hacosta wrote:

lo is not needed anymore in the INTERFACES array, and network should be started

But according to the wiki for Networkmanager network should be disabled...oh well I am going to give it a try right now smile

#4 2008-03-17 16:51:03

_nalle
Website

There is another good question here, are you running nm-applet as a non root-privileged user? if so, are you added in the "network" group so that you're user acctually is able to bring the interfaces up?

Swedish Archlinux Mirror Administrator - ftp.gigabit.nu

#5 2008-03-17 20:58:55

pestilence
Website

Yes I am running it as a simple user, I am in the network group. The problem is not related to that I believe since I can switch from network to network (wired - wireless) through the nm-applet But I am unable to make profiles of gnome network to work.
Maybe I am doing something wrong (I used to be an Ubuntu user, I had 2 different profiles available through gnome networking Home and work and I could switch among them by just selecting one of them).
I found my solution to netcfg2 (since I have 3 network interfaces on my laptop and I change them from work to home) which works like a wonder smile Thanks for trying to help though smile

Board footer