You are not logged in.

#1 2008-04-22 15:23:11

floke

Anyone using Midori?

Ok so after reading a few bits and pieces about this on the forum I'm checking Midori out from here:

http://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=42588

Just wondering what people think about it?

(oh - and my ulterior motive - has anyone got it to work with gmail? I can't change the cookie settings so that's probably doing it, but I've read elsewhere that people have got it to work....?)

#2 2008-04-22 17:50:19

TheBodziO
Website

Re: Anyone using Midori?

I've got currently midori 0.16 compiled along with webkit from aur PKGBUILDs. I like the general idea of it: fast, small, extensible. I'm not paying atention too closely at the development process (constant lack of time wink) but I hope that it'll progress nicely for it seems it's stalled currently.

Sorry but I don't have anything to say about gmail experience. I'm using it rarely and if so, I'm doing it through imap.

Generally I think that midori has a great potential.

It's not the best thing when they call you a "member" you know… wink

#3 2009-05-26 17:21:23

s3kt0r

floke wrote:

Just wondering what people think about it?

(oh - and my ulterior motive - has anyone got it to work with gmail? I can't change the cookie settings so that's probably doing it, but I've read elsewhere that people have got it to work....?)

I like it, it's getting there. A few more fixes and it will become my default browser.

About gmail, I use it with midori, no problems with cookies here. After logged in, it stays logged in until I log out.

box1: Arch (linux-3.17-rc5)
box2: Gentoo (linux-3.17-rc5)
wm: subtle

#4 2009-05-27 04:59:14

xd-0
Website

TheBodziO wrote:

I've got currently midori 0.16 compiled along with webkit from aur PKGBUILDs. I like the general idea of it: fast, small, extensible. I'm not paying atention too closely at the development process (constant lack of time wink) but I hope that it'll progress nicely for it seems it's stalled currently.

Sorry but I don't have anything to say about gmail experience. I'm using it rarely and if so, I'm doing it through imap.

Generally I think that midori has a great potential.

In Midoris IRC channel you can see that tings are happening. Also the devs are very open and friendly. But perhaps they have a little lack of time and manpower to implement some of the things that I think needs to be done. But don't worry about the process, it's comming along.

Last edited by xd-0 (2009-05-27 17:34:32)

#5 2009-05-27 09:46:29

Tyriel
Website

I just tried Midori for the first time today and I have to say I am pleasently suprised.  It really has much potential and a few more features that I have come to love in firefox and I could see this becoming my default browser.

It might be just me but it seemed much lighter and more responsive than firefox however the webkit engine seems to render slower the geckos.

The software required Windows XP or better, so I installed archlinux.

Board footer