You are not logged in.

#1 2008-05-14 08:42:44

Back2Cali

no connection with Thinkpad T61 and iwl4965

Hi everybody!

I recently updated the kernel on my laptop to version 2.6.25. Since than my wireless device acts strange. I can connect to my wireless network but I cannot transmit or receive any data. I checked with netcfg2 and with knetworkmanager, both had the same results. I also checked it with and without the compat-wireless package installed. I also checked the 2.6.25-tp kernel from AUR but the results are the same. I can connect the network but it won't work.
I'm using a totally fresh installation of Arch64 on my thinkpad and it started acting that way right from the beginning. With the previous installation and the 2.6.24 Kernel running everything was fine and worked flawless.

Does anyone have an idea how I can get my wireless device back to work? I really need to be connected through wireless at my workplace!

Thanks a lot!

#2 2008-05-16 15:28:21

Back2Cali

Re: no connection with Thinkpad T61 and iwl4965

Does really nobody else has this problem?

I checked with an kunbuntu live cd that contained knetworkmanager and the previous kernel and with that one it worked out of the box again. So there must be something wrong with the kernel I guess....

Does nobody have an idea how I could at least find out?

I checked the /etc/resolv.conf and it had the right entry and I also have a valid IP address. But when I want to ping my router all I get is "Destination host unreachable"...

Maybe somebody can help! The problem is the same also with the recent 2.6.25.4 Kernel....

Board footer