You are not logged in.

#1 2008-05-27 21:00:55

tam1138

apache default DocumentRoot (packages owning files under /home?)

(Google didn't lend me any insight on this, either in the wiki, the forums, or the mailing lists; please let me know if I missed something.)

I'm curious why the default DocumentRoot for apache lies under /home.  This seems wrong to me: I feel something under /var would be more appropriate, and I'm curious why this decision was made.  Personally, I'd prefer /home to contain only user files (at least by default) and that cluttering that up shouldn't be the decision of the distribution.  It's not easily changeable, either, because the apache package owns a bunch of files under /home.

So I guess my question is this: what's the Arch philosophy with regard to packages like apache and the various ftp servers and their default base directories?  Are this and similar questions documented somewhere?  (They don't appear in the Arch Packaging Standards.)  I feel this is deserving of official documentation.

#2 2008-05-28 17:57:12

byte

Re: apache default DocumentRoot (packages owning files under /home?)

There's http://archlinux.org/pipermail/arch-dev … 00349.html and probably other threads... didn't find anything else in the 2 minutes before work will be over wink

Board footer