You are not logged in.

#1 2008-07-09 22:02:04

Inxsible
Forum Fellow

pmount issue

I used pmount to mount my external drive to /media/WD500.

But every time i reboot, and click the icon for the WD500 in PCManFM, it mounts it to /media/WD500_

I need it to mount it to /media/WD500 everytime because I have all my music and other data on my external drive.

How can I ensure it will always mount at the same location?

Forum Rules

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots !

#2 2008-07-10 07:52:01

khordes

Re: pmount issue

Check the /media/ directory, the WD500 directly probably already exists there so when you mount it is adds the _ at the end, if you manually delete that directory when you mount the drive again it should mount correctly.  The question you will then need to ask is why isn't it unmounting correctly and deleting that directory like it should.  For that we'll need more information.

#3 2008-07-10 22:53:07

Inxsible
Forum Fellow

Re: pmount issue

khordes wrote:

Check the /media/ directory, the WD500 directly probably already exists there so when you mount it is adds the _ at the end, if you manually delete that directory when you mount the drive again it should mount correctly.  The question you will then need to ask is why isn't it unmounting correctly and deleting that directory like it should.  For that we'll need more information.

Yes the directory doesn't get deleted when I shutdown and restart. But shouldn't pmount take care of it?

Or do I have to explicitly issue pumount before shutting down or rebooting?

Last edited by Inxsible (2008-07-10 22:53:43)

Forum Rules

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots !

Board footer