You are not logged in.

#1 2008-07-13 19:24:36

Inxsible
Forum Fellow

Video player issues in Fluxbox

1) VLC does not play the video track - but the audio track (of the video) works fine. I have changed the Settings>>Preferences>>Video >>Output Modules setting from "Default" to "X11 video output". The video track is always checked on "Disable" under Video. Even when I select "Track 1" the video doesn't show up sad

The VLC issue does not occur in my Openbox install.

2) Media player shows the video just fine (after I selected X11 output in that as well) But when I hit F for fullscreen....the video image size remains the same but the screen becomes bigger with the default ugly blue/purple color taking up the space. How would I make the video of the movie set to fullscreen?

In Openbox, Media player just doesn't play the video, no matter what I select as Output

Solutions ...suggestions?

Last edited by Inxsible (2008-07-13 19:55:07)

Forum Rules

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots !

#2 2008-07-28 08:21:12

The Avatar of Time

Re: Video player issues in Fluxbox

Hello,

If you haven't already fixed this I may have an idea.

A while back I had a problem with VLC appearing to play only audio. In my case it was in fact playing the video as well. What was happening is that it was launching fullscreen mode as soon as I opened any file, and the fullscreen was shooting over to another workspace. Though it seemed like I had to do something in settings to be able to 'see' the fullscreen on the other workspace, so if you can't see a fullscreen on any workspace I would still recommend trying said fix below.

Thus it appeared that VLC was sitting there playing only audio.

No matter what setting I selected, such as X11 and trying to turn off fullscreen and what not nothing helped, and also all settings reset every time that I closed VLC. I use Fluxbox and telling it to 'remember' a certain workspace for the fullscreen also did nothing.

I believe that what I did to fix this was uninstalling with a 'pacman -R vlc' and then deleting ~/.vlc and then of course reinstall VLC.

I think what caused this in my case was that I had reinstalled but not formatted the /home folder and somehow the settings in /.vlc got messed up. I really have no idea for sure, and I couldn't find any info about the problem back when I had it.

I hope this helps.

Board footer