You are not logged in.

#1 2008-08-07 06:36:43

ironwiller

Connection PDA through virtual USB controller in Virtualbox

hi! i need some guideness for doing the connection with my pda device and usb controller in virtualbox

i ve found what to do on user guide of virtualbox. i'm placing the the specific part that i found in the page 49.here it is user manual of virtualbox:

On Linux hosts, VirtualBox accesses USB devices on Linux through the usbfs file
system. Therefore, the user executing VirtualBox needs read and write permission to
the USB file system. Most distributions provide a group (e.g. usbusers) which the
VirtualBox user needs to be added to. Also, VirtualBox can only proxy to virtual ma-
chines USB devices which are not claimed by a Linux host USB driver. Please refer to
the Driver= entry in /proc/bus/usb/devices to see which devices are claimed.

in concole when i press lsusb it shows me the device (specific now HP iPAQ but i also have another Qtek 9000)

Bus 002 Device 002: ID 03f0:1c1d Hewlett-Packard

can PLS someone guide me because i dont understand how to do what i have to do to make it work!!

THANK you in ADVANCED.

PS: i would appreciate if it the help specific steps i have to do..

#2 2008-08-07 07:02:38

iphitus
Forum Fellow

Re: Connection PDA through virtual USB controller in Virtualbox

I have no idea about virtual box, however you can do a great deal with PDA's natively under linux.

using synce you can install apps, browse files. It can even install from exe's using a tool called orange. Files can also be browsed through a vfs in kde. (and maybe gnome?). Syncing can be done with opensync.

#3 2008-08-07 07:12:34

ironwiller

iphitus wrote:

I have no idea about virtual box, however you can do a great deal with PDA's natively under linux.

using synce you can install apps, browse files. It can even install from exe's using a tool called orange. Files can also be browsed through a vfs in kde. (and maybe gnome?). Syncing can be done with opensync.

can you tell me specific commands and examples because i havent done anything in the specific field, so i dont have a clue how it works? i have download synce , but except from that its all chinese for me...(sorry for that but im Greek and i cannot say that its all greek to me... tongue ), i use KDE. ty

PS: can you do with that sync with thunderbird?for emails and calendar?

Last edited by ironwiller (2008-08-07 07:13:10)

#4 2008-08-07 09:11:26

tomk
Forum Fellow

The Virtualbox wiki page deals with USB setup very well IMO. It worked fine for me the last time I used it, and I expect it will work fine the next time too. smile

#5 2008-08-07 11:40:48

ironwiller

tomk wrote:

The Virtualbox wiki page deals with USB setup very well IMO. It worked fine for me the last time I used it, and I expect it will work fine the next time too. smile

ty very much
Q: i have virtualbox-ose should i put the other one? PUEL that says and just copy my virtualdrivers there?

in this version at the last step i dont see any usb tab that says there...

#6 2008-08-07 14:14:25

tomk
Forum Fellow

Yes, for USB support you need the PUEL edition.

#7 2008-08-07 14:27:33

ironwiller

tomk wrote:

Yes, for USB support you need the PUEL edition.

ok i ve connected it , it recognized it through lsusb, also in virtualbox  (running session) through Devices-->USB Devices->MSFT PocketPC USB Sync (this is the name)

but after that when i put activesync it shows me a small "local area connection" down right that says it is limited connection....
what now?

does filter in settings...usb tab ... has to do something with it? must i put there something?....i feel that im so close....

ty

Last edited by ironwiller (2008-08-07 14:28:13)

#8 2008-08-10 13:28:44

ironwiller

come on.... PLS....doesnt anyone in here?knows something that can help me with it?

is it so hard ???

it shows that has recognize it as a usb machine in the usb filters..and i have added right...but after that it doesnt make the connection with MS activesync....why? what must i do to fix it?

is it the version of activesync?should i try something else??

ty in advanced

Board footer