You are not logged in.

#1 2008-09-08 14:42:56

blue-dev

Network crashes after several minutes

Hi folks,
I was using LFS for some time and now switched back to arch because of the anoying updates.
I was using the exact same hardware about one to two years before with Arch and there wasn't any problem, so I guess the bug is in the software (or the end user smile).
I'm using the ndiswrapper + dhcpcd / dhclient (problem is the same on both), all from the arch repo.

After a few minutes being online (this problem occurs more quick if I do several online tasks at once, like torrent + jabber + surfing, or even loading several webpages at once) my network crashes completely.
With crashing I mean: I can't even kill dhcpd nor unload the ndiswrapper module, if I try the process is loading about a few minutes and then completely freezes (I can't kill the kill proccess, funny somehow). I also checked every log but I just can't find anything in them (nor can I find a special dhcpd / dhclient / ndiswrapper / networks in general log).

I hope one of you guys can help me because I don't want to switch back to LFS.

#2 2008-09-08 19:55:45

mrunion
Website

Re: Network crashes after several minutes

Do a search on ndiswrapper -- there are alot of reports here saying to downgrade it or rebuild it or some such.

Matt

"It is very difficult to educate the educated."

#3 2008-09-09 12:18:20

blue-dev

Re: Network crashes after several minutes

I tried different solutions till compiling both: an older kernel and an older ndiswrapper version, but none of them made any difference.
I guess I'll have to switch back to LFS for now which isn't a huge problem.
I just hate to remember and update all packages myself tongue.

But thanks anyway, I'll switch back to arch in a few month and try it again.

Board footer