You are not logged in.

#1 2008-09-24 13:50:11

tmadhavan

Apache Server Behind BT Voyager 2100 - No Port 80 Forwarding?!

Hi all,

Just moved back home from uni and instead of my nicely configured and well used Linksys WRT54G, I'm stuck with a BT Voyager 2100 router.

Now, I have a domain name (but as yet no hosting), so for testing purposes I want to set up the domain to forward to my home network, then forward port 80 connections from my router to one of my machines on the internal network.

This doesn't work. All connections to port 80 (from within or without the network) go to the router configuration page. I cannot forward port 80 from outside connections to my internal web server. I also cannot seem to forward any port from outside to port 80 of the internal server. If I go to <no-ip proxy address> or <my domain name> I get taken to the Voyager set up page. There does not appear to be any option for changing the port used to access the router config page.

What gives? Does anyone else have experience of this problem? With the Linksys, you go to port 80 from the internal network, you get the config page. You come from outside, and you get forwarded to the web server.

This is extremely annoying, does anyone have any clues? Is this a problem with the 2100 router? I heard something about loopbacks or some such but I'm not a networking expert and don't really know what the hell is going on apart from the fact I can't get my web site up and running.

Suggestions on an e-card.

Many thanks.

Thom

Board footer