You are not logged in.

#1 2008-10-01 14:10:15

sDoky

Apache2 virtualhost

Hi fellas, I am trying to set up teo different addresses on my server, www.dokoupil.biz and mail.dokoupil.biz to access different directories, i want the www to access /var/www and the mail one to access /var/squirrelmail. I do not know how to do that... I followed this howto: http://www.debuntu.org/2006/02/22/7-vir … g-apache-2

my /etc/apache2/sites-available/www.dokoupil.biz.conf

<VirtualHost www.dokoupil.biz>
ServerAdmin webmaster@localhost
#We want to be able to access the web site using www.dev.example.com or dev.example.com
ServerAlias www.dokoupil.biz
DocumentRoot /var/www
#if using awstats
#ScriptAlias /awstats/ /usr/lib/cgi-bin/
#we want specific log file for this server
CustomLog /var/log/apache2/example.com-access.log combined
</VirtualHost>

my /etc/apache2/sites-available/mail.dokoupil.biz.conf

<VirtualHost mail.dokoupil.biz>
ServerAdmin webmaster@localhost
#We want to be able to access the web site using www.dev.example.com or dev.example.com
ServerAlias mail.dokoupil.biz
DocumentRoot /var/squirrelmail
#if using awstats
#ScriptAlias /awstats/ /usr/lib/cgi-bin/
#we want specific log file for this server
CustomLog /var/log/apache2/example.com-access.log combined
</VirtualHost>

I have symlinked them both to /etc/apache2/sites-enabled/. It is figuratively driving me nuts!!! Even webmin did not help - when I tried to add virtual server at address mail.dokoupil.biz it said unknown address. When I added it manually to those configs it said:

[Wed Oct 01 15:39:30 2008] [warn] VirtualHost mail.dokoupil.biz:0 overlaps with VirtualHost www.dokoupil.biz:0, the first has precedence, perhaps you need a NameVirtualHost directive

and I do not know wht to do with it...

Thanks

PS: My server is Debian Etch, sorry, I know that it is Archlinux forum but I did not want to register myself on their forum just for this since I realised it is almost the same on every linux system.

Linux!

#2 2008-10-01 14:21:04

kett

Re: Apache2 virtualhost

I'm far from an apache expert but is the following line in your vhosts.conf (or whatever its named) and uncommented

NameVirtualHost *:80

Edit: And when I say in your vhosts.conf, I don't mean within the declaration of each virtual host, but outside of them.

Last edited by kett (2008-10-01 14:22:22)

Board footer