You are not logged in.

#1 2008-10-02 15:06:18

crashbox

multiple network interface question

ok so i work for my college as a student worker in network operations. today they did a makeover on the dorm network and added in some traffic shaping. Instead of getting 8mb down im getting 1mb down. Well one of the admins went to lunch and had the new config still open on his computer so i shifted over and decided to take a look at this new ruleset. Im not sure why he did it like this but the traffic shaping is not done by a per port basis but by a per ip basis. Well i started thinking at this point and pulled out my old computer and installed arch on it to use as a download box for all my bittorrent needs, i have this box loaded up with 6 nics (5 pci and 1 onboard) each pulling their own ip, how can i get arch to bridge all 6 nics (or multiplex) so i can get atleast most of my bandwidth back.

Yes i asked them to exclude me from the trafficshaping but was told it wouldnt be fair to the other students

Shuttle XPC running an Intel C2Duo e6600 @2.4ghz, 2gigs of crucial ddr2 800, ATI radeon HD3870 x2

#2 2008-10-03 22:18:23

daf666
Website

Re: multiple network interface question

Board footer