You are not logged in.

#1 2008-10-07 14:27:27

Gruntz

OpenLDAP, Samba, password problem.

Hi everyone.

I have an openldap server. I have samba server. At the moment, the users of the samba server are the users of the system, where the samba server is set. I want to store the users and passwords for the system and the samba server on the openldap server. I can use ldap migration tools to copy the records of the users and their passwords into the openldap server and it is working. But the samba server do not want to authorize via the unix password, and it needs an object called sambaSamAccount. When I migrate the records, I can use smbldap-tools to add that object and to make the system users in ldap to become a samba server, but I have to change the password of that user too. I do not know the password of all the users of the samba server, and I do not want to ask them what password they want and editing the each record in the ldap server to change the password. How can I make the samba server to use the unix account password. I can add the sambaSamAccount object manually, but I do not want to change the passwords. Is there a way to accomplish that.

I hope that You will understand what I want to do smile

Regards.

Board footer