You are not logged in.

#1 2008-10-09 22:54:11

alexandrei

no network response - without a reason

Hello

I'm having a really strange problem, and I hope someone could help me:

I can't get the network up and running on my Acer Aspire One. It worked a few days ago, all OK. At some point I've decided to do a reinstall of Arch.. Again, all OK. Configured and updated system, installed gnome and xorg packages, rebooted.. and then.. no DHCP. And since then, I can't get anything out of the NIC card, on Arch. From time to time, I get a working DHCP, but.. randomly. (i don;t know exactly the NIC model, but the module it uses is r8169)

Configured the network with static IP. Nothing, no response from the gateway (a Trendnet TEW-432BRP router), nothing.

I thought it was because of the updated packages - but it did not work anymore not even with the install image (the setup fails to get a DHCP address).

The cable is OK, the router is OK.. I've installed LinuxMint 5 (XFCE), and it works OK each time - so it's not a hardware issue.

On Arch I've tried rc.conf, netcfg2 and wicd to setup the network.. no difference. I've updated netcfg2 and dhcpcd from testing repositories.. nothing. Tried both dhcpcd and dhclient.. nothing.

I've run out of solutions, and it drives me mad. Now I'm still running the Linux Mint, but I miss pacman, and the latest kernel, and so on smile

Please help me get back to Arch..

#2 2008-10-14 09:37:37

amadlopes

Re: no network response - without a reason

Can you post some files ? "rc.conf".
Do "ifconfig -a" and post...

Board footer