You are not logged in.

#1 2008-10-15 15:27:45

wantamad

networkmanager with wpa-psk-tkip on aspireone

hi guys,

i got my new toy last friday and it came with linpus-what a name.... hehe

but i must say, that os is pretty good for net use, it just feels a bit constricted. the wireless connection however, was solid. it connected to my router with wpa-psk-tkip combo and connected with no problems. i was even able to connect to my local mall's hotspot.

i did a search about alternative os. at first i tried windows, got the wireless working and was happy for a day, then weird problems arose, like cant display hidden files, cant install sygate firewall and stuff. so i just decided to call it quits and install linux again. i went to archwiki and looked for instructions on how to install using usb and to make  the long story short, i almost got everything working (thanks to those who contributed to the arch aspireone wiki).  my only problem now is... you got it, i cant get my wireless to work. everything i try, no workie...

the aspireone wiki was somewhat lacking with regards to wireless setup but i saw a wireless setup page when searching in the wiki. i followed that and managed to install network manager. i got network manager up and was able to use wired connection with it and it was showing my wpa network and my neighbors so i guess the wireless card drivers were detected properly. i tried connecting but no go... i did another search and installed wpa_supplicant and i wasnt sure if im supposed to fill in the wpa conf file with my settings or if networkmanager takes care of that. i did search for it and somebody somewhere said that networkmanager is supposed to handle that for you. but guess what... it didnt. i know im just doing missing something here. i really appreciate if someone could point me to the right direction.

recap:
- using ath5k driver module
- able to detect networks using networkmanager
- CANT connect to my network (wpa-psk tkip)

many thanks!

josh

Board footer