You are not logged in.

#1 2008-10-15 19:27:47

fettouhi

Problems with network and internet connection

I'm having problems getting my Arch Linux machine to connect to the internet and my network in general. I'm using the onboard ethernet card on my machine, e.g.

00:0a.0 Bridge: nVidia Corporation CK804 Ethernet Controller (rev a3)

and until 2 weeks ago I never had any problems with it under linux. But now almost everytime I turn on the machine I have no network or internet connection. I can't ping my DNS server or the gateway for that matter. But then after a few minutes after fidling with the network cable I get a connection again and everything is ok. Then a few hours later or minutes the connection is gone. It's driving me insane, I changed the network cable, I tried to use a Live CD to see if there was anything wrong with my Arch installation but I had the same problems with the Live CD (Ubuntu 8.04 Live CD). So my question is, what could be causing this sudden loss of network connection? Faulty hardware? I haven't changed any of my settings for my network connection (using static ip via rc.conf not with netcfg). Could the driver be broken? PLEASE HELP!!!

Regards

André

Last edited by fettouhi (2008-10-15 19:29:43)

#2 2008-10-16 09:56:55

fettouhi

Re: Problems with network and internet connection

Anybody? I'm buying a new network card simply but I'm not sure that it is the network card that is causing the network problems I'm experiencing.

Regards

André

Board footer