You are not logged in.

#1501 2010-03-21 02:26:43

agapito
Member
From: Spain
Registered: 2008-11-13
Posts: 495

Re: The AMD/ATI Bar & Grill

Catalyst driver always worked very well on my hd 5770, except lack of composite on 10.2. Catalyst 10.4 beta works PERFECT on my comp. X are STABLE and 0 kernel lock ups. Before i was using an integrated intel gma950 for 3 years and their open source driver was CRAPPY. Always had problems with xserver or kernel lock ups.

I am happy with ATI, can't wait for direct 2d and videos acceleration.


Excuse my poor English.

Offline

#1502 2010-03-21 02:57:47

Cory
Member
Registered: 2009-07-13
Posts: 57

Re: The AMD/ATI Bar & Grill

Someone can use xbmc  or boxee? since catalyst 9.11 to the actual 10.4 beta i don't get image. If install 9.10 or earlier works ok. so i think it's a driver problem
P.D. with the open source driver woks ok.

Last edited by Cory (2010-03-21 03:00:39)

Offline

#1503 2010-03-21 04:48:06

FallenWizard
Member
From: Vienna/ Austria
Registered: 2007-12-10
Posts: 99

Re: The AMD/ATI Bar & Grill

agapito wrote:

Catalyst driver always worked very well on my hd 5770, except lack of composite on 10.2. Catalyst 10.4 beta works PERFECT on my comp. X are STABLE and 0 kernel lock ups. Before i was using an integrated intel gma950 for 3 years and their open source driver was CRAPPY. Always had problems with xserver or kernel lock ups.

I am happy with ATI, can't wait for direct 2d and videos acceleration.

You will start to hate Catalyst soon. I am sure of it.

Last edited by FallenWizard (2010-03-21 04:48:25)

Offline

#1504 2010-03-21 08:48:45

timong
Member
From: Budapest, HU
Registered: 2007-02-20
Posts: 91
Website

Re: The AMD/ATI Bar & Grill

FallenWizard wrote:

You will start to hate Catalyst soon. I am sure of it.

Lol. Are they going to add more features? Omg,the baztardz.. tongue


2x arch amd64, one with Intel GP GMA965, one with ATi Mobility HD 5650

Offline

#1505 2010-03-21 10:18:03

FallenWizard
Member
From: Vienna/ Austria
Registered: 2007-12-10
Posts: 99

Re: The AMD/ATI Bar & Grill

timong wrote:
FallenWizard wrote:

You will start to hate Catalyst soon. I am sure of it.

Lol. Are they going to add more features? Omg,the baztardz.. tongue

No but they have horrible support for new xorg and kernel versions.

Offline

#1506 2010-03-21 10:20:30

dcc24
Member
Registered: 2009-10-31
Posts: 723

Re: The AMD/ATI Bar & Grill

Success with mplayer-vaapi!

Screenshot:
201003211240181366x768s.th.png

Here are the steps:
- I've modified the PKGBUILD of libva-sds (AUR) to point to the latest version and it built fine. Before that, vainfo gave me an error.
- Installed xvba-video (AUR)
- Installed ffmpeg-svn (with --enable-vdpau)
- Installed mplayer-vaapi

After that, using

mplayer -vo vaapi:gl -va vaapi video.avi

gave me this error:

mplayer: error while loading shared libraries: libva-0.31.0.5.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

This was expected since I was using a newer version. I've created symlinks for all 3 libva files:

sudo ln -s /usr/lib/libva-x11-0.31.0.6.so.1 /usr/lib/libva-x11-0.31.0.5.so.1
sudo ln -s /usr/lib/libva-glx-0.31.0.6.so.1 /usr/lib/libva-glx-0.31.0.5.so.1
sudo ln -s /usr/lib/libva-0.31.0.6.so.1 /usr/lib/libva-0.31.0.5.so.1

After that mplayer works fine! No flickering, no tearing!

$ mplayer -vo vaapi:gl -va vaapi Flashforward.S01E11-E12.HDTV.XviD-2HD.avi 
MPlayer SVN-r30589-4.4.3 (C) 2000-2010 MPlayer Team
144 audio & 329 video codecs
mplayer: could not connect to socket
mplayer: No such file or directory
Failed to open LIRC support. You will not be able to use your remote control.

Playing Flashforward.S01E11-E12.HDTV.XviD-2HD.avi.
AVI file format detected.
[aviheader] Video stream found, -vid 0
[aviheader] Audio stream found, -aid 1
VIDEO:  [XVID]  624x352  12bpp  23.976 fps  1027.5 kbps (125.4 kbyte/s)
Clip info:
 Software: MEncoder dev-SVN-r26940
[vo_vaapi] Using OpenGL rendering
libva: libva version 0.31.0-sds6
Xlib:  extension "XFree86-DRI" missing on display ":0.0".
libva: va_getDriverName() returns 0
libva: Trying to open /usr/lib/va/drivers/fglrx_drv_video.so
libva: va_openDriver() returns 0
==========================================================================
Opening video decoder: [ffmpeg] FFmpeg's libavcodec codec family
[VD_FFMPEG] VA API accelerated codec.
Unsupported PixelFormat 61
[VD_FFMPEG] Trying pixfmt=1.
Movie-Aspect is undefined - no prescaling applied.
VO: [vaapi] 624x352 => 624x352 MPEG-4 VA API Acceleration 
[vo_vaapi] Using 1:1 VA surface mapping
FATAL: Cannot initialize video driver.
Unsupported PixelFormat 61
[VD_FFMPEG] Trying pixfmt=0.
Unsupported PixelFormat 61
Could not find matching colorspace - retrying with -vf scale...
Opening video filter: [scale]
The selected video_out device is incompatible with this codec.
Try appending the scale filter to your filter list,
e.g. -vf spp,scale instead of -vf spp.
[VD_FFMPEG] Trying pixfmt=2.
Could not find matching colorspace - retrying with -vf scale...
Opening video filter: [scale]
The selected video_out device is incompatible with this codec.
Try appending the scale filter to your filter list,
e.g. -vf spp,scale instead of -vf spp.
[VD_FFMPEG] Trying pixfmt=3.
Movie-Aspect is undefined - no prescaling applied.
VO: [vaapi] 624x352 => 624x352 Planar YV12 
Selected video codec: [ffodivx] vfm: ffmpeg (FFmpeg MPEG-4)
==========================================================================
==========================================================================
Opening audio decoder: [mp3lib] MPEG layer-2, layer-3
AUDIO: 48000 Hz, 2 ch, s16le, 128.0 kbit/8.33% (ratio: 16000->192000)
Selected audio codec: [mp3] afm: mp3lib (mp3lib MPEG layer-2, layer-3)
==========================================================================
[AO OSS] audio_setup: Can't open audio device /dev/dsp: Device or resource busy
AO: [alsa] 48000Hz 2ch s16le (2 bytes per sample)
Starting playback...
Movie-Aspect is 1.77:1 - prescaling to correct movie aspect.
VO: [vaapi] 624x352 => 624x352 Planar YV12 
No bind found for key 'MOUSE_BTN0'.-MOUSE_BTN0_DBL                         
A:   6.2 V:   6.2 A-V: -0.000 ct: -0.040 150/150  7%  7%  0.7% 0 0 
Exiting... (Quit)

VLC is problematic however, I just can't get it to work :S

Last edited by dcc24 (2010-03-21 10:43:01)


It is better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt. (Mark Twain)

My AUR packages

Offline

#1507 2010-03-21 10:23:19

bautz
Member
Registered: 2010-03-20
Posts: 15

Re: The AMD/ATI Bar & Grill

timong wrote:

I have no real issue with the new driver.
...
Thumbs up for ati wink

Hi timong,
I have an ATI HD5650 like you, but catalyst-test 10.4 for me is not working.
How did you do?
I opened a discussion here
http://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=93555


My problem with catalyst 10.4 http://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=93555
Sony Vaio VPC EB1Z1E/B notebook
Intel Core i5-430M, 4GB ram DDR3, HD 500GB, Display 15.6" 1920x1080, ATI Radeon HD5650
Arch x86_64 testing

Offline

#1508 2010-03-21 10:23:53

lynix
Member
From: Karlsruhe, Germany
Registered: 2008-04-23
Posts: 225

Re: The AMD/ATI Bar & Grill

Is there something special I must do to get Compositing in KDE4.4 working?

glxinfo says "direct_rendering yes", glxgears working fine and no errors in the Xorg.log.
~/.xsession-errors is a bit more verbose on the topic:

systemsettings(4299)/kutils (KCModuleProxy) KCModuleProxyPrivate::loadModule: Module not already loaded, loading module  "Arbeitsflächen-Effekte"  from library  "kcm_kwincompositing"  using symbol  "kcm_kwincompositing"
systemsettings(4299)/kwin KWin::Extensions::init: Extensions: shape: 0x "11"  composite: 0x "4"  render: 0x "a"  fixes: 0x "40"
systemsettings(4299)/kwin KWin::Extensions::init: Extensions: shape: 0x "11"  composite: 0x "4"  render: 0x "a"  fixes: 0x "40"
systemsettings(4299)/kwin KWin::CompositingPrefs::detect: glx version is  1 . 4
systemsettings(4299)/kwin KWin::CompositingPrefs::detectDriverAndVersion: GL vendor is "ATI Technologies Inc."
systemsettings(4299)/kwin KWin::CompositingPrefs::detectDriverAndVersion: GL renderer is "ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4650"
systemsettings(4299)/kwin KWin::CompositingPrefs::detectDriverAndVersion: GL version is "3.2.9737 Compatibility Profile Context"
systemsettings(4299)/kwin KWin::CompositingPrefs::detectDriverAndVersion: XGL: no
systemsettings(4299)/kwin KWin::CompositingPrefs::detectDriverAndVersion: Detected driver "fglrx" , version "3.2.9737"
systemsettings(4299)/kwin KWin::CompositingPrefs::applyDriverSpecificOptions: fglrx >= 2.1.7412, enabling compositing
systemsettings(4299)/kwin KWin::Extensions::init: Extensions: shape: 0x "11"  composite: 0x "4"  render: 0x "a"  fixes: 0x "40"
systemsettings(4299)/kwin KWin::Extensions::init: Extensions: shape: 0x "11"  composite: 0x "4"  render: 0x "a"  fixes: 0x "40"
systemsettings(4299)/kwin KWin::CompositingPrefs::detect: glx version is  1 . 4
systemsettings(4299)/kwin KWin::CompositingPrefs::detectDriverAndVersion: GL vendor is "ATI Technologies Inc."
systemsettings(4299)/kwin KWin::CompositingPrefs::detectDriverAndVersion: GL renderer is "ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4650"
systemsettings(4299)/kwin KWin::CompositingPrefs::detectDriverAndVersion: GL version is "3.2.9737 Compatibility Profile Context"
systemsettings(4299)/kwin KWin::CompositingPrefs::detectDriverAndVersion: XGL: no
systemsettings(4299)/kwin KWin::CompositingPrefs::detectDriverAndVersion: Detected driver "fglrx" , version "3.2.9737"
systemsettings(4299)/kwin KWin::CompositingPrefs::applyDriverSpecificOptions: fglrx >= 2.1.7412, enabling compositing
kwin(4207) KWin::Extensions::init: Extensions: shape: 0x "11"  composite: 0x "4"  render: 0x "a"  fixes: 0x "40"
kwin(4207) KWin::CompositingPrefs::detect: glx version is  1 . 4
kwin(4207) KWin::CompositingPrefs::detectDriverAndVersion: GL vendor is "ATI Technologies Inc."
kwin(4207) KWin::CompositingPrefs::detectDriverAndVersion: GL renderer is "ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4650"
kwin(4207) KWin::CompositingPrefs::detectDriverAndVersion: GL version is "1.4 (3.2.9737 Compatibility Profile Context)"
kwin(4207) KWin::CompositingPrefs::detectDriverAndVersion: XGL: no
kwin(4207) KWin::CompositingPrefs::detectDriverAndVersion: Detected driver "fglrx" , version "3.2.973"
kwin(4207) KWin::CompositingPrefs::applyDriverSpecificOptions: fglrx >= 2.1.7412, enabling compositing
kwin(4207) KWin::Extensions::init: Extensions: shape: 0x "11"  composite: 0x "4"  render: 0x "a"  fixes: 0x "40"
kwin(4207) KWin::Workspace::setupCompositing: OpenGL compositing
kwin(4207): Compositing self-check failed, disabling compositing. 
kwin(4207): Failed to initialize compositing, compositing disabled

Any ideas? I'm using Vi0L0's package from here

Offline

#1509 2010-03-21 20:44:48

Vi0L0
Member
From: Poland
Registered: 2009-06-24
Posts: 1,301
Website

Re: The AMD/ATI Bar & Grill

heh... i have installed kde on my i686 testing system, i though that i will try to trace bug that shall exist on kwin's support.
Instead of it i get working kwin out of the box, even more - with xorg-server-catalyst-maximize-fix it's the fastest enviroment i have ever seen on my pc (naaah wink but its really fast!)...

Last edited by Vi0L0 (2010-03-21 21:14:55)

Offline

#1510 2010-03-21 21:29:16

timong
Member
From: Budapest, HU
Registered: 2007-02-20
Posts: 91
Website

Re: The AMD/ATI Bar & Grill

Vi0L0 wrote:

heh... i have installed kde on my i686 testing system, i though that i will try to trace bug that shall exist on kwin's support.
Instead of it i get working kwin out of the box, even more - with xorg-server-catalyst-maximize-fix it's the fastest enviroment i have ever seen on my pc (naaah wink but its really fast!)...

my thing is, i'm still using xorg git , luckily maximize fix applies on it still. So - now i have the fastest and the latest.. with 2.6.33-ck1 patch - so even the kernel in favor of desktop latency. lol


2x arch amd64, one with Intel GP GMA965, one with ATi Mobility HD 5650

Offline

#1511 2010-03-21 21:42:29

Cdh
Member
Registered: 2009-02-03
Posts: 1,098

Re: The AMD/ATI Bar & Grill

What do you need the patched xorg for?

I remember the laggy maximizing but now it is fast without any patches for me, all from repos.

% pacman -Q xorg-server
xorg-server 1.7.5.902-1

% pacman -Q catalyst-test
catalyst-test 10.4-333


I still miss the fan control option in catalyst. Is it purposely missing or just a bug I have? I remember earlier catalysts where I was able to slow it down.


฿ 18PRsqbZCrwPUrVnJe1BZvza7bwSDbpxZz

Offline

#1512 2010-03-21 21:48:33

timong
Member
From: Budapest, HU
Registered: 2007-02-20
Posts: 91
Website

Re: The AMD/ATI Bar & Grill

Cdh wrote:

What do you need the patched xorg for?

With compiz it takes ages with any version of xorg without patch - at least here with 10.4 beta + hd 5650 mobility.


2x arch amd64, one with Intel GP GMA965, one with ATi Mobility HD 5650

Offline

#1513 2010-03-21 22:47:32

Vi0L0
Member
From: Poland
Registered: 2009-06-24
Posts: 1,301
Website

Re: The AMD/ATI Bar & Grill

timong wrote:
Vi0L0 wrote:

heh... i have installed kde on my i686 testing system, i though that i will try to trace bug that shall exist on kwin's support.
Instead of it i get working kwin out of the box, even more - with xorg-server-catalyst-maximize-fix it's the fastest enviroment i have ever seen on my pc (naaah wink but its really fast!)...

my thing is, i'm still using xorg git , luckily maximize fix applies on it still. So - now i have the fastest and the latest.. with 2.6.33-ck1 patch - so even the kernel in favor of desktop latency. lol

smile
I have just switched back to oss driver - i was missing for synched videos (and especially no flickering on flash videos - i sometimes like to watch some serials/movies on portals such as surfthechannel)... and...
Rolled back to catalyst again smile
My pc is much more quieter (so i guess also cooler) with catalyst (my referent hd4850 can be really noise-annoying).
Even with great Perry3D's PM kernel - oss driver isnt as quiet as catalyst.
Catalyst is as fast and stable as oss driver now + got no flickering with vaapi, so this little disadvantage of flickering flash wont be as annoying as my noisy card for me.

@timong: have you checked direct2d with new catalyst 10.4 beta?
I have added:
Direct2DAccel=STRUE
to:
[AMDPCSROOT/SYSTEM/DDX]
section of /etc/ati/amdpcsdb , but after reboot this line was missing, also when i chmod 444 amdpcsdb - the results with gtkperf tests was the same, so i guess direct2d isn't working... (or maybe theres other way to enable it)

Offline

#1514 2010-03-21 23:13:55

timong
Member
From: Budapest, HU
Registered: 2007-02-20
Posts: 91
Website

Re: The AMD/ATI Bar & Grill

Vi0L0 wrote:

@timong: have you checked direct2d with new catalyst 10.4 beta?
I have added:
Direct2DAccel=STRUE
to:
[AMDPCSROOT/SYSTEM/DDX]
section of /etc/ati/amdpcsdb , but after reboot this line was missing, also when i chmod 444 amdpcsdb - the results with gtkperf tests was the same, so i guess direct2d isn't working... (or maybe theres other way to enable it)

You did it right. First shut X/gdm/kdm down. Edit it how you described. Quick test: startx with root, check xorg log (for 'hook', you will find hooked to direct 2d accel.)
So it's still present.

(ati settings may trick you, and remove the line, but if you edit it without X running, it should work)

Alpha blending is still the same crap with it (garbled 2d parts), and it's still rather slow. So doesnt worth to check it...

Last edited by timong (2010-03-21 23:18:43)


2x arch amd64, one with Intel GP GMA965, one with ATi Mobility HD 5650

Offline

#1515 2010-03-21 23:21:14

flamelab
Member
From: Athens, Hellas (Greece)
Registered: 2007-12-26
Posts: 2,160

Re: The AMD/ATI Bar & Grill

I still can't understand why they named this 2D acceleration like the D2D DirectX technology....

Offline

#1516 2010-03-21 23:57:40

keks
Member
Registered: 2007-07-11
Posts: 32

Re: The AMD/ATI Bar & Grill

Still got slow rendering by tag switching :<
Tried both fixed xservers…

Offline

#1517 2010-03-22 01:20:49

Vi0L0
Member
From: Poland
Registered: 2009-06-24
Posts: 1,301
Website

Re: The AMD/ATI Bar & Grill

timong wrote:
Vi0L0 wrote:

@timong: have you checked direct2d with new catalyst 10.4 beta?
I have added:
Direct2DAccel=STRUE
to:
[AMDPCSROOT/SYSTEM/DDX]
section of /etc/ati/amdpcsdb , but after reboot this line was missing, also when i chmod 444 amdpcsdb - the results with gtkperf tests was the same, so i guess direct2d isn't working... (or maybe theres other way to enable it)

You did it right. First shut X/gdm/kdm down. Edit it how you described. Quick test: startx with root, check xorg log (for 'hook', you will find hooked to direct 2d accel.)
So it's still present.

(ati settings may trick you, and remove the line, but if you edit it without X running, it should work)

Alpha blending is still the same crap with it (garbled 2d parts), and it's still rather slow. So doesnt worth to check it...

Got it! Yes, spotted one little garbage/artifact. It is also slower, much slower - kwin on (opengl) + gtkperf all tests (total time) :
without d2d: ~8,5s
with d2d: 26s

Offline

#1518 2010-03-22 01:44:03

Vi0L0
Member
From: Poland
Registered: 2009-06-24
Posts: 1,301
Website

Re: The AMD/ATI Bar & Grill

flamelab wrote:

I still can't understand why they named this 2D acceleration like the D2D DirectX technology....

Umm... cuz it is DirectX technology wink
quoting http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=n … &px=Nzk5MQ:

Direct2D is Microsoft's API for 2D and vector graphics that is used in Windows Vista/7. AMD hasn't communicated much about this new acceleration API, but it appears that much of the 2D acceleration code that they used from their Direct2D support on Windows is now being shared with the Linux driver.

Offline

#1519 2010-03-22 02:11:03

flamelab
Member
From: Athens, Hellas (Greece)
Registered: 2007-12-26
Posts: 2,160

Re: The AMD/ATI Bar & Grill

Vi0L0 wrote:
flamelab wrote:

I still can't understand why they named this 2D acceleration like the D2D DirectX technology....

Umm... cuz it is DirectX technology wink
quoting http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=n … &px=Nzk5MQ:

Direct2D is Microsoft's API for 2D and vector graphics that is used in Windows Vista/7. AMD hasn't communicated much about this new acceleration API, but it appears that much of the 2D acceleration code that they used from their Direct2D support on Windows is now being shared with the Linux driver.

I know that it is a DX technology, but I also think that it's a ... stupid way to name the 2D acceleration through DRI on Linux. DirectX is far away from portable.

Offline

#1520 2010-03-22 14:10:23

Vi0L0
Member
From: Poland
Registered: 2009-06-24
Posts: 1,301
Website

Re: The AMD/ATI Bar & Grill

with fglrx-2.6.33.patch catalyst_10.4_beta is working well on 2.6.34-rc2 kernel
does it mean that we are now faster than nvidia with kernel support? xD

@flamelab: indeed smile

Last edited by Vi0L0 (2010-03-22 14:12:15)

Offline

#1521 2010-03-22 16:05:43

cinan
Member
From: Slovakia
Registered: 2008-07-04
Posts: 251
Website

Re: The AMD/ATI Bar & Grill

Cdh wrote:

I still miss the fan control option in catalyst. Is it purposely missing or just a bug I have? I remember earlier catalysts where I was able to slow it down.

Fan control works for me. I do this

aticonfig --pplib-cmd "set fanspeed 0 3"

Offline

#1522 2010-03-22 16:08:57

dcc24
Member
Registered: 2009-10-31
Posts: 723

Re: The AMD/ATI Bar & Grill

Is there any way to "see" the current fan speed?


It is better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt. (Mark Twain)

My AUR packages

Offline

#1523 2010-03-22 16:10:36

cinan
Member
From: Slovakia
Registered: 2008-07-04
Posts: 251
Website

Re: The AMD/ATI Bar & Grill

yes, you can

aticonfig --od-gettemperature
or 
LD_PRELOAD=libXinerama.so.1 aticonfig --od-gettemperature

//edit: sorry, i misunderstood your question sad and I don't know how to delete my post...

Edit2:
Try this

aticonfig --pplib-cmd "get fanspeed 0"

Last edited by cinan (2010-03-22 16:22:32)

Offline

#1524 2010-03-22 22:21:42

Cdh
Member
Registered: 2009-02-03
Posts: 1,098

Re: The AMD/ATI Bar & Grill

cinan wrote:
Cdh wrote:

I still miss the fan control option in catalyst. Is it purposely missing or just a bug I have? I remember earlier catalysts where I was able to slow it down.

Fan control works for me. I do this

aticonfig --pplib-cmd "set fanspeed 0 3"

I'm confused. I remember a tab in amdcccle with overdrive...

Your fanspeed is "3"?
Lowest I can set is 27, but thats still really noisy.

chris@chrispc ~ % aticonfig --pplib-cmd "set fanspeed 0 28"
PPLIB command execution is Successful!
chris@chrispc ~ % aticonfig --pplib-cmd "set fanspeed 0 27"
PPLIB command execution is Successful!
chris@chrispc ~ % aticonfig --pplib-cmd "set fanspeed 0 26"
PPLIB command execution has failed!
ati_pplib_cmd: execute "set" failed!
chris@chrispc ~ %

I am sure, the card would not instantly burn with lower speeds:

chris@chrispc ~ % aticonfig --od-gettemperature

Default Adapter - ATI Radeon HD 4600 Series 
                  Sensor 0: Temperature - 38.50 C
chris@chrispc ~ %

฿ 18PRsqbZCrwPUrVnJe1BZvza7bwSDbpxZz

Offline

#1525 2010-03-22 23:09:14

Cdh
Member
Registered: 2009-02-03
Posts: 1,098

Re: The AMD/ATI Bar & Grill

Vi0L0 wrote:

with fglrx-2.6.33.patch catalyst_10.4_beta is working well on 2.6.34-rc2 kernel
does it mean that we are now faster than nvidia with kernel support? xD

I wanted to try it but it gets this error:

chris@chrispc ~/catalyst-test % sudo modprobe fglrx
FATAL: Error inserting fglrx (/lib/modules/2.6.34-rc2-rc/video/fglrx.ko): Unknown symbol in module, or unknown parameter (see dmesg)
1 chris@chrispc ~/catalyst-test % dmesg | tail -1
fglrx: Unknown symbol __cmpxchg_wrong_size
chris@chrispc ~/catalyst-test %

I did apply the 2.6.33 patch as it said:

patching file common/lib/modules/fglrx/build_mod/drmP.h
patching file common/lib/modules/fglrx/build_mod/firegl_public.c
patching file common/lib/modules/fglrx/build_mod/kcl_acpi.c
Hunk #1 succeeded at 15 with fuzz 2.
patching file common/lib/modules/fglrx/build_mod/kcl_agp.c
patching file common/lib/modules/fglrx/build_mod/kcl_io.c
patching file common/lib/modules/fglrx/build_mod/kcl_osconfig.h
patching file common/lib/modules/fglrx/build_mod/kcl_pci.c
patching file common/lib/modules/fglrx/build_mod/kcl_str.c
patching file common/lib/modules/fglrx/build_mod/kcl_wait.c
patching file common/lib/modules/fglrx/build_mod/make.sh

I did this by adding the 2.6.33 patch block where I changed the statement that determines the 2.6.33 kernel to 2.6.34. (and uname -r |grep -c "2.6.34" returns 1)

##Kernel 2.6.33 patch
if [ `uname -r |grep -c "2.6.33"` != 0 ]; then
cd "${srcdir}/fglrx-installer-8.721/"
patch -Np1 -i ../fglrx-2.6.33.patch || return 1
fi

##Kernel 2.6.34 patch
if [ `uname -r |grep -c "2.6.34"` != 0 ]; then
cd "${srcdir}/fglrx-installer-8.721/"
patch -Np1 -i ../fglrx-2.6.33.patch || return 1
fi

I tried googling that problem but I had not much luck.

#19 has the same problem with 2.6.33, no answers - http://www.phoronix.com/forums/showthread.php?p=115758

Another one with this problem, solved with 8.690-3 for them - http://old.nabble.com/-Cooker--Re:--RPM … 64657.html

And that's all I found...


฿ 18PRsqbZCrwPUrVnJe1BZvza7bwSDbpxZz

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB