You are not logged in.

#1 2008-10-16 07:49:35

Daren

Strange issue after update to 2.6.27/iwl3945

Hi

I'm currently using 2.6.26 and IPW3945.

As part of my work, I connect to a network which has an IMAP over SSL server, SSH server and when necessary, webmail (https).  This runs on an ADSL connection.  With my current setup this works perfectly.

After updating to 2.6.27 and the IWL 3945 drivers, I can no longer get any connection to this network.  No IMAP, no SSH, no web.  However connecting to GMail over IMAP (again, on the same port) works perfectly, connecting SSH to a server which is not on ADSL works perfectly, and obviously general web work is fine as well.  I can still connect to it using OpenVPN though.  I also tried using SSH to a different network (though one that still runs on ADSL) and could not connect to that either.  It's like the update has stopped connections to networks behind ADSL.  I also know it was not a anything with our outgoing connection, because I used my other half's laptop (running Arch again with 2.6.26 and IPW3945) at exactly the same time and had no issues connecting to any of the services I need to.

Does anybody have any clue why this might be happening with the updated kernel/drivers?  It's somewhat inconvenient wink

(Edit) Forgot to say, although I cannot connect to "real" network services, I could still ping and traceroute to the server.

(Edit 2) I've done a bit more installing/uninstalling and found it is definately to do with the kernel update.  I changed from IPW to IWL with 2.6.26 (before I re-installed IPW) and everything is still working perfectly normally.  As the IWL package only installed the firmware/license I'm guessing it's a change in the kernel drivers between .26 and .27.  However, the whole issue seems very bizarre hmm

Thanks

Last edited by Daren (2008-10-16 10:42:19)

Board footer