You are not logged in.

#1 2008-10-21 07:39:35

Gruntz

[SOLVED] LDAP Server, local users, unable to login

Hi

I have working OpenLDAP server, and several machines authorizing with it. On the client systems I have two local users and all other users are login in via the LDAP server. But when the LDAP server is down, even the local users are unable to log in. That is very bed, because when the LDAP server is down, even root cannot log in even from the machine. Here is my nsswitch.conf:

passwd:     files ldap
shadow:     files ldap
group:      files ldap

I am learning about the ldap and the things are new to me, but I think that the records in the nsswitch,conf file mean that the authorizing system will first look in the local files (passwd, group, shadow and so on) and if the user is not in them, then the system will look into the LDAP server. Am I right? Am I missing somethin.

If you need to take a look in some other config file I will post them.

Regards.

Last edited by Gruntz (2008-10-21 11:47:38)

#2 2008-10-21 11:47:22

Gruntz

Re: [SOLVED] LDAP Server, local users, unable to login

I set bind_policy from hard to soft. It seems that the machine is trying to bind to ldap server too long, and the ssh session is ending before that. The strange thing is that I am using files as first choice for authorizing instead of ldap. Why then the machine is trying the ldap server at all...?

Board footer