You are not logged in.

#1 2008-12-14 02:28:26

sverzijl

Google Talk, Facebook Chat and now Last.FM

Hi,

Basically I've had this problem since day one, but I've managed to live with it till now! My thought is that the problem is due to a setting not correctly set or a package not installed.

Basically, in Kopete, Google Talk refuses to log in (says it can't connect) and Facebook chat when I'm browsing the facebook page (in Firefox) comes up on the initial loading of the page but no messages can be sent and it bombs out completely after a minute or two (saying 'can't connect'). I never had a problem when I ran Windows, Ubuntu, Debian or Sidux.

Finally, I installed the Last FM client and when I try to log on it says 'Cannot connect, please check internet connection'.

I have no problem with any other internet services at all! My thoughts are that its something to do with whatever encryption protocol they use, however HTTPS pages in firefox seem to work fine!

Any help would be much appreciated!

#2 2008-12-14 22:06:26

Damnshock

Re: Google Talk, Facebook Chat and now Last.FM

Probably you are configuring kopete badly. Make sure to change the server to talk.google.com and "use protocol encryption".

For the Facebook chat... it's the worst IM I've seen so far. Don't count on it to work reliably.

Don't know about the last FM client, sorry sad

Damnshock

My blog: blog.marcdeop.com
Jabber ID: damnshock@jabber.org

#3 2008-12-17 00:49:43

Sjoden
Website

If you can't find a solution, Google Chat works in Pidgin.

#4 2008-12-17 01:14:12

eldragon

this might be irrelevant, but just in case.

did you add your hostname to the end of the line
127.0.0.1 localhost myhost
in /etc/hosts?

Board footer