You are not logged in.

#1 2009-01-13 19:47:47

ssl6

mysql problems

so i thought i was getting comfortable with linux.....i still might be, but this is frustrating me, its all new to me, the closest i've ever been to any of this some old school html code, a long time ago.

so i decided the other night, since i have a big enough network and several people using it in the house, my desktop is pretty much a file server for everyone streaming movies and i store all my little programs and stuff in a share, etc. i thought it would be handy to have an intranet site with a message board, im not working right now, so it would be something to play with. so far i have a page with 2 columns, the second column being an embedded google search that took me an hour to figure out, i want to embed the message board in there

so i followed this i've got apache up, php and the mysql daemon starts, but i cant do anything with it it seems. i got phpbb installed, and it doesnt see mysql for a databe, so i need help

here's what i get when i try to login into it or whatever im doing, i dont know, im just following the mysql wiki page

[urmom@urmom-pc kmess]$ mysql -p -u root
Enter password:
ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

i have a feeling i need to get passed this, and onto another problem

this is a signature

#2 2009-01-13 21:23:58

ssl6

Re: mysql problems

nvm, i got it working. removed mysql and wiped the configs that pacman saved, did a reinstall and got it working

this is a signature

Board footer