You are not logged in.

#1 2009-01-23 21:10:20

devil_kc

stupid stupid problem with irc

3 days ago i reinstalled my arch system besouse of new hdd. on my last arch isntall i was using bitchx for irc so i installed bitchx on my new shiny fresh install and everytime i tried to start bitchx my network crashed and my router changed my ip. so i tried irssi- same thing, weechat-same, xchat-same. i'm pissed. what could be the problem? my router? only thing i changed in router is senging usage log to my mail. nothing else.

#2 2009-01-23 23:02:32

pyther
Website

Re: stupid stupid problem with irc

You got an odd problem there. I can't see it being an Arch related issue. It seems as if your router is having issues with the irc ports o_o. Do you have another computer to test irc on?

Website - Blog - arch-home
Arch User since March 2005

#3 2009-01-23 23:40:32

dav7

Only slightly, but... I don't know... randomly, one day, out of the blue (yes all 3), if someone tried to connect to me via FTP my router/modem would reset and etc.

Now, I realize your issue involves the client end and my issue involved the server end, but it's kinda similar. What makes it all the more odd is that I'm in Australia. I also think the issue appeared before I switched to Linux... O.o.

-dav7

Windows was made for looking at success from a distance through a wall of oversimplicity. Linux removes the wall, so you can just walk up to success and make it your own.
--
Reinventing the wheel is fun. You get to redefine pi.

#4 2009-01-25 14:23:30

CodeBlock
Website

Get a real router
....said a Cisco equipment freak big_smile

(Give me a break, I'm in a Cisco class xD)

I'm a block of code, and I approve this message.

#5 2009-01-25 16:31:49

Cheesebaron
Website

I'm not sure, but try to reset your router and check if there is newer firmware available for it. Otherwise, I don't really know what the problem is. Maybe try dump some traffic on your NIC and analyze it to see if it sends something that is strange in some way. You can dump traffic with tcpdump or wireshark.

Board footer