You are not logged in.

#1 2009-02-04 02:57:51

pseudonomous

Juk stops playing after 2 songs?

Hello Everybody,

I've recently installed KDE 4.2 (on a clean base system) and juk seems to stop playing after 2 songs.  Is this a bug, or am I being an idiot?  Are there some logs I can read?  Launching it from a terminal I get a warning:

juk(4736): Couldn't resolve the mime type of " "" " -- this shouldn't happen.

but it only seems to occur once when I select the first song to play. 

What do you think?

#2 2009-02-04 04:40:30

ChoK

Re: Juk stops playing after 2 songs?

I have a problem of that kind in amarok 2
sometimes in 3 min sometimes in 1 hour, the playback just stops, most of times at the end  of the track but not always.

I think the problem is phonon/xine related since it seems we have the same problem.

Do you by any chance use laptop-mode-tools? maybe phonon doesn't like big readahead (caching the song to RAM) and hangs up.

Ah, good taste! What a dreadful thing! Taste is the enemy of creativeness.
Picasso
Perfection is reached, not when there is no longer anything to add, but when there is no longer anything to take away.
Saint Exupéry

#3 2009-02-05 18:50:48

pseudonomous

No, I'm note useing laptop mode tools.  I've installed sonata and mpd and they work fine, so this would provide circumstantial evidence to support your hypothesis that this is a phonen/xine related problem, since mpd doesn't use xine/phonen.

Edit:  Are you using i686 or x86_64?  I've got an Amd64 system and am using the 64 bit packages.  At the moment everything but my laptop is out of comission thanks to electrical problems at my apartment, when I get things back up and running, I'll file a bug report. 

Does anybody know if there are any relevant logs to read/post?

Last edited by pseudonomous (2009-02-05 18:56:40)

#4 2009-02-05 19:29:21

ChoK

I use x86_64
actually the freeze happens at the end of the song, it's just that if i pop amarok after the freeze, the time doesn't get updated.

mplayer works fine too

Picasso
Perfection is reached, not when there is no longer anything to add, but when there is no longer anything to take away.
Saint Exupéry

#5 2009-02-09 23:05:37

ChoK

Someone posted a new topic with the same issue, some solutions are given

http://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?pid=496155

Picasso
Saint Exupéry

Board footer