#1 2009-02-06 09:46:55

nemodex

php pear

Hi guys,
Today I tried to upgrade the framwork symfony
I typed

pear upgrade-all

and I got

Warning: in_array(): Wrong datatype for second argument in PEAR/REST/10.php on line 671
Will upgrade channel://pear.symfony-project.com/symfony
downloading symfony-1.2.4.tgz ...
Starting to download symfony-1.2.4.tgz (2,710,310 bytes)
.......................................done: 2,710,310 bytes
ERROR: pear.symfony-project.com/symfony not installed

After I tried to get the list of all packages..
I got

pear list-all                                                                                                 
WARNING: channel "pear.php.net" has updated its protocols, use "channel-update pear.php.net" to update                             

Notice: unserialize(): Error at offset 5 of 161 bytes in PEAR/REST/11.php on line 165                                              

Notice: unserialize(): Error at offset 5 of 278 bytes in PEAR/REST/11.php on line 165                                              

Notice: unserialize(): Error at offset 5 of 166 bytes in PEAR/REST/11.php on line 165                                              

Notice: unserialize(): Error at offset 5 of 266 bytes in PEAR/REST/11.php on line 165                                              

Notice: unserialize(): Error at offset 5 of 197 bytes in PEAR/REST/11.php on line 165                                              

Notice: unserialize(): Error at offset 5 of 197 bytes in PEAR/REST/11.php on line 165                                              

Notice: unserialize(): Error at offset 5 of 212 bytes in PEAR/REST/11.php on line 165                                              

Notice: unserialize(): Error at offset 5 of 185 bytes in PEAR/REST/11.php on line 165                                              

Notice: unserialize(): Error at offset 5 of 5213 bytes in PEAR/REST/11.php on line 165

I think, it's a pear problem...
What can i do??

Thanks

Andrea

#2 2009-02-06 12:55:45

dav7

Re: php pear

Try reading the warning it threw at you:

WARNING: channel "pear.php.net" has updated its protocols, use "channel-update pear.php.net" to update

tongue

-dav7

Windows was made for looking at success from a distance through a wall of oversimplicity. Linux removes the wall, so you can just walk up to success and make it your own.
--
Reinventing the wheel is fun. You get to redefine pi.

#3 2009-02-06 17:27:15

nemodex

dav7 wrote:

Try reading the warning it threw at you:

tongue

-dav7

I did channel-update pear.php.net, but symfony didn't want to upgrade, and i still got the same error!!!

dav7
Where do you live? Maybe this year i come to australia for a couple a month!!!

#4 2009-02-07 21:49:04

rakuco

I don't know exactly what was causing the problems, but using a new, clean pear folder seems to have solved it.

I moved /usr/share/pear to /usr/share/pear.old, reinstalled php to recreate /usr/share/pear and reinstalled my packages (I was interested in symfony too).

This is a bit too brute-force. It's probably a matter of updating some kind of registry in the pear directory -- running pear list -a in the old directory returned a blank listing for symfony, even though it was installed. Besides, I could not uninstall or remove the channel (since it required me to uninstall the channel's packages first). In the working pear directory, pear list -a and everything else seem to work fine.

#5 2009-02-09 16:05:25

nemodex

thanks !!!

andrea

Board footer