You are not logged in.

#1 2009-02-14 14:36:45

moljac024

Mail Watcher - temporary failure in name resolution

I started using xfce4-panel a few days ago and it all worked ok but now the mail watcher applet stopped working, the log is full of "can't find host: temporary failure in name resolution" errors even though I am connected to the internet.

I also found this in .xsession-errors:

** (xfce4-mailwatch-plugin:3109): WARNING **: failed to init POSIX signal handler helper

I would like to get this resolved, since I find the applet quite nice and useful.
Any help will be greatly appreciated smile

The day Microsoft makes a product that doesn't suck, is the day they make a vacuum cleaner.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
But if they tell you that I've lost my mind, maybe it's not gone just a little hard to find...

#2 2009-02-14 14:51:38

moljac024

Re: Mail Watcher - temporary failure in name resolution

Well, I just removed the applet, added it again and it works now.....anyone know why this could have happened ?

Seems like gremlins to me, gremlins just adore my panels, gnome-panel almost made me pull out my hair...

The day Microsoft makes a product that doesn't suck, is the day they make a vacuum cleaner.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
But if they tell you that I've lost my mind, maybe it's not gone just a little hard to find...

#3 2009-02-14 17:56:32

moljac024

Nope, it doesn't work after all. No gremlins it seems smile
Apparently it doesn't work if I'm offline when the panel gets started, which is every time I start my computer, since I connect to the net after I log in.

#4 2009-06-17 13:37:32

SLKDK

Mine also don't work anymore. Have been using this plugin for many months now, but the last 2-4 days it stopped working.

Any help?

#5 2009-06-23 05:58:51

Proofrific

I'm having a similar problem.  Sometimes xfce mail watcher works, and sometimes it says "could not find host."  Note that it's searching a gmail account.  I use networkmanager to connect to wireless, which doesn't connect until I'm logged in.  So, perhaps its similar to moljac024's observation that:

moljac024 wrote:

Apparently it doesn't work if I'm offline when the panel gets started, which is every time I start my computer, since I connect to the net after I log in.

Board footer