You are not logged in.

#1 2009-02-15 13:27:24

Minardi

Network Card Unknown

Hey,

Im installing Arch Linux today, and I am using the 2008.06 core 64 bits cd.
My ethernet controller is not recognized.

$ lspci | grep net
02:00.0 Ethernet controller: Attansic Technology Corp. Unknown device 1026 (revb0)

How to solve this, i have drivers for it but how to install those?

Here is the same problem on ubuntu. http://jan.ucc.nau.edu/wal2/atheros_attansic.html But yeah thats a live cd so those instructions are unusable.

I tried the new development cd and on that one the ethernetcontroller worked. So i think it's udev which needs to be updated. Can that be done offline? With an usb stick or something?

So is it possible to update udev with this package ftp://ftp.nluug.nl/ftp/mirror//pub/os/L … pkg.tar.gz on a usb stick? And how?

UPDATE: I got my usb stick mounted and can see the package. Should i copy it to the pacman package cache? Should that work? And how to copy an tar.gz to *what is the pacman pkg cache?* -> copied the file to /var/cache/pacman/pkg already. But he still tries to update udev-119. So didn't work. Anybody else a solution?

Did it with pacman -U udev-135.bla.bla.tar.gz And upgraded it. Still doesn't work tough.

Which package could it be? Which package read ethernet controllers. THAT package should be upgraded manually. WHICH package is that?

I GAVE UP. WAITING FOR NEW INSTALLER 2009.02. ANYONE KNOWS WHEN THAT WILL BE? BECAUSE I GET ERRORS WHEN INSTALLING THE RC2. SOMETHING ABOUT XORG. FATAL SERVER ERROR 11 or something.

Last edited by Minardi (2009-02-15 14:39:01)

Board footer