You are not logged in.
Hi,
I'm able to use URW Gothic L font while writing in OpenOffice.org, as default font for Conky and PyPanel (all with working Polish letters like - Ł, ł, Ó, ó, Ś, ś, Ż, ż, Ź, ź, Ę, ę, Ć, ć). Recently I wanted to test bmpanel with Arch theme. So I edited the theme config file and changed
clock_font DejaVuSans-14to
clock_font URWGothicL-14You can imagine how suprised I was, when executing bmpanel had no effect, but when I tried to lunch it from the terminal everything was (nearly) clear. Here's the output:
> bmpanel arch
starting bmpanel with theme: arch
only ttf files are supported
failed to load font: URWGothicL-14
fatal loading error
failed to load theme: archSo it seems that URW Gothic L is not in .ttf format. I've looked through all known to me folders containing fonts, but with no luck. Where the hell is it stored? ![]()
These are font packages installed in my system (hope these are all of them, but maybe you know a better way of displaying a list of all font packages installed):
extra/gsfonts 8.11-4 [installed]
extra/ttf-dejavu 2.28-1 [installed]
extra/ttf-ms-fonts 2.0-2 [installed]
extra/xorg-fonts-100dpi 1.0.1-1 [installed] (xorg)
extra/xorg-fonts-75dpi 1.0.1-2 [installed] (xorg)
extra/xorg-fonts-alias 1.0.1-1 [installed]
extra/xorg-fonts-encodings 1.0.2-2 [installed]
extra/xorg-fonts-misc 1.0.0-3Is there a way of getting URW Gothic L in proper .ttf format to use with bmpanel?
PS. If you need any other data, please say so, I'll provide it as fast as I can. I'm not an expert in those matters (yet
).
EDIT:
I've searched some more and it appears that Polish version of URW Gothic L is a Type1 font included in gsfonts package. Still searching for TTF equivalent or a maybe a way to make a Type1 font work with bmpanel.
Last edited by Lilim (2009-02-19 20:58:55)
Offline
URWGothic is in /usr/share/ghostscript/8.64/Resource/Font/ and is named in subsets. You could try something like URWGothicL-Book-14.
--EDIT--
I just saw your edit ![]()
Convert them. Just search for Linux convert type1 to ttf. There's a bunch of tools to do it. For instance, fontforge can do it.
Offline
Made it
Thank you Skottish. That's why I like Arch community - if someone answers your question you may me sure it will be a helpful answer (well... in most cases).
For those who might have the same problem in the future - I choose a simple solution - Fontforge. It did the trick just fine.
EDIT:
Ops, reached the subject's length limit
I'll need to cut it in order to add [SOLVED] there. Done.
Last edited by Lilim (2009-02-19 21:01:02)
Offline
I'm glad it worked. Fontforge is really amazing. It's as awesome as it is ugly, and that's saying a lot!
Offline