You are not logged in.

#1 2009-02-27 05:30:57

Inxsible
Forum Fellow

JWM keybindings

Installed JWM for kicks and will be trying it out for a while. Have heard that it's lighter than openbox -- which is what got me interested.

how do we set multiple masks on a keybinding? I want to start sonata when I press Super + m, but I want to start mpd when I press Super+Shift+m. I do this in my OB and my FB setup and would like to keep using the same shortcuts as much as I can.

I searched the wiki and the forums but all the .jwmrcs listed do not make use of multiple masks.

Also can someone tell me what in hell's name is a Hyper key and a Meta key? Super i equate to the Windows key. What does JWM call it? Super, right?

Last edited by Inxsible (2009-02-27 05:32:12)

Forum Rules

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots !

#2 2009-02-27 05:43:11

adamlau

Re: JWM keybindings

Depends on the keyboard. Really. Hyper is the Windows (Super in Xfce) key for me. Pause|Break is the Super. I'll add some examples in the wiki later smile .

<Key mask="P" key="m">exec:sonata</Key>
<Key mask="PS" key="m">exec:mpd</Key>

Arch Linux + sway
Debian Testing + GNOME/sway
NetBSD 64-bit + Xfce

#3 2009-02-27 05:47:31

Inxsible
Forum Fellow

adamlau wrote:

Depends on the keyboard. Really. Hyper is the Windows (Super in Xfce) key for me. Pause|Break is the Super. I'll add some examples in the wiki later smile .

<Key mask="P" key="m">exec:sonata</Key>
<Key mask="PS" key="m">exec:mpd</Key>

Aha !!

In that case I made a lucky guess, I do have it listed as you suggested, but I wasn't sure if it will be of the format mask="P-S" or will it be mask="P", mask="S", but if Windows key is the Hyper key, then it would be mask="HS" right?

Last edited by Inxsible (2009-02-27 05:48:45)

Forum Rules

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots !

#4 2009-02-27 08:22:56

adamlau

That is affirmative smile .

Arch Linux + sway
Debian Testing + GNOME/sway
NetBSD 64-bit + Xfce

Board footer