You are not logged in.

#1 2009-03-08 22:48:15

Jiran

[SOLVED] Gnome apps starting at boot

I have Openbox and Gnome installed, using SLiM as my login manager. I have my .xinitrc file set to only run gnome-session when SLiM says to, but when I run the Openbox session some Gnome-related programs start anyways. It seems gconf, gnome-screensaver, and gnome-settings-daemon are running, but I'm not sure how to get them not to start at boot. Does anyone know how I can change this?SOLVED

Last edited by Jiran (2009-03-08 23:07:33)

#2 2009-03-08 23:07:12

Jiran

Re: [SOLVED] Gnome apps starting at boot

Welp, I figured this out, like, 5 minutes after posting about it. In /etc/xdg/openbox/autostart.sh, it ran some gnome programs so GTK-based apps would look nice. So, I commented out those lines, and all is well!

#3 2009-03-08 23:12:08

Inxsible
Forum Fellow

Jiran wrote:

Welp, I figured this out, like, 5 minutes after posting about it. In /etc/xdg/openbox/autostart.sh, it ran some gnome programs so GTK-based apps would look nice. So, I commented out those lines, and all is well!

you could also just comment out the $GLOBALAUTOSTART that you have in the ~/.config/openbox/autostart.sh file instead of editing a file out of the user's realm.

Last edited by Inxsible (2009-03-08 23:12:48)

Forum Rules

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots !

#4 2009-03-09 00:09:17

Jiran

Inxsible wrote:
Jiran wrote:

you could also just comment out the $GLOBALAUTOSTART that you have in the ~/.config/openbox/autostart.sh file instead of editing a file out of the user's realm.

I have no such file. sad

#5 2009-03-09 02:42:09

Inxsible
Forum Fellow

Jiran wrote:
Inxsible wrote:
Jiran wrote:

I have no such file. sad

so you never use the local files in the home directory? you do have the menu.xml and rc.xml in ~/.config/openbox right?

Forum Rules

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots !

#6 2009-03-09 03:21:46

Jiran

Inxsible wrote:
Jiran wrote:
Inxsible wrote:

I have no such file. sad

so you never use the local files in the home directory? you do have the menu.xml and rc.xml in ~/.config/openbox right?

What? Yeah, of course I do. I just don't have an autostart.sh file in there.

Board footer