You are not logged in.

#1 2009-04-04 04:04:01

guitarMan666

PCMan FM Can't close root menu in fluxbox

I have been trying to set up PCManFM to handle my desktop in fluxbox (i want access to my ~/Desktop directory as...well...a desktop, like in GNOME) it works fine, aside from a slight visual flaw which is not a big deal for me.  However, while I can GET a root menu, I can't BANISH the root menu by clicking on the desktop.  The only way to banish the menu is to click the little strip of fluxbox's background that is still visible or to kill the pcmanfm process.

Any ideas on how to get that to work properly?
Thanks in advance!

#2 2009-04-04 04:28:00

tjwoosta

Re: PCMan FM Can't close root menu in fluxbox

hmm..

i dont usually use pcmanfm with fluxbox but i just tried it out for a sec to see what i could come up with

i can close it here by simply right clicking on the menu again

you can right click to pull it up and right click again to put it away (kinda annoying, i know, but better then killing pcmanfm)

#3 2009-04-04 04:31:02

Inxsible
Forum Fellow

Re: PCMan FM Can't close root menu in fluxbox

yup. This was a huge source of irritation to me as well when I used Fluxbox. I eventually just moved on to other WM's for different reasons, but I could never figure out how to banish the root menu without having to hit 'esc'

Openbox behaves the way you and I would like. The menu disappears as soon as you use your mouse to focus on any other window.

Last edited by Inxsible (2009-04-04 04:31:58)

Forum Rules

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots !

Board footer