You are not logged in.

#1 2009-04-20 20:03:51

aleceiffel

My desktop (a question)

Hi guys,

I am not posting this screen shot because I think my desktop is good or not its just I found a theme I really like however it has an ubuntu symbol in the top left gnome panel.  Ive searched on google for this somewhat but it seems it all applies to ubuntu and everything I have copied or move around hasn't worked.

Also I do not know if this is the section for this, sense it is both a screenshot and a question, half of me is saying this is entirely the wrong section and if it is I apologize.

Thanks.

tMWp5Nw

edit: I messed up on positioning.

Last edited by aleceiffel (2009-04-20 20:06:35)

#2 2009-04-20 20:09:29

Inxsible
Forum Fellow

Re: My desktop (a question)

You will need to change the logo for the file called distributor-logo.png (i think - its pretty close to that) and change the icon to whatever you want. It should be under your theme folder in places.

The other way to do it would be:

1) first off you have to have a "main menu" utility on your panel. just right click and click add to panel. make sure its a "main menu" and not a "menu bar"

2) open a terminal

3) type $gconf-editor

4) navigate apps > panel > objects

5) find whichever object is the "menu-object" (if you have a lot on your panel it might take a little bit of sifting)

6) check "use_custom_icon"

7) under "custom_icon" add the path to the image you want to use.

Last edited by Inxsible (2009-04-20 20:14:56)

Forum Rules

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots !

#3 2009-04-20 20:49:04

aleceiffel

Thanks for the information however there is no object for it hmm

I did try changing this particular thing: top_panel_screen custom icon

#4 2009-04-20 20:51:37

Inxsible
Forum Fellow

aleceiffel wrote:

Thanks for the information however there is no object for it hmm

I did try changing this particular thing: top_panel_screen custom icon

Tough Luck. Try to change the distributor-logo in your theme and in the index.theme file and see if that works.

Forum Rules

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots !

#5 2009-04-20 21:04:18

aleceiffel

will do thanks!

#6 2009-04-21 07:24:41

decaren

That icon is the start-here.png icon in the icons/ICONTHEMENAME/MAYBESOMEOTHERDIRECTORY/places directory.  So just navigate over to your icon directory (either ~/.icons or /usr/share/icons depending) and rename the start-here.png to .backup and copy whatever icon you want to use to start-here.png.  Can't remember if you need a restart or not.  The directorys may not be exact either, but I think I remember it from my gnome days.

Board footer