You are not logged in.

#1 2009-05-21 01:20:36

ngoonee
Forum Fellow

How to permanently set wicd wired interface? eth0 changes to vboxnet0

I use wicd in Gnome. Works well, only problem is that everytime I use the laptop on-the-go (which is daily) without a wired LAN connection via eth0, wicd changes my default wired connection to vboxnet0 (obviously, I have virtualbox installed). Is there some way of permanently setting my wired connection to be eth0? It gets iritating to keep having to manually change it back when I get back to my office.

For the record, the output of cat /etc/wicd/manager-settings.conf shows

wired_interface = eth0

Can't think of any other configuration files I may edit, except for /usr/lib/*.py, which I don't have the command of python to grasp.

Assistance appreciated. And yes, i do know about netcfg, but don't really want to be hand-editing stuff for networking.

Allan-Volunteer on the (topic being discussed) mailn lists. You never get the people who matters attention on the forums.
jasonwryan-Installing Arch is a measure of your literacy. Maintaining Arch is a measure of your diligence. Contributing to Arch is a measure of your competence.
Griemak-Bleeding edge, not bleeding flat. Edge denotes falls will occur from time to time. Bring your own parachute.

#2 2009-05-29 10:47:36

ngoonee
Forum Fellow

Re: How to permanently set wicd wired interface? eth0 changes to vboxnet0

After posting to the wicd forums, I found that I'd accidentally started two copies of the wicd daemon in rc.conf. My bad.

Allan-Volunteer on the (topic being discussed) mailn lists. You never get the people who matters attention on the forums.
jasonwryan-Installing Arch is a measure of your literacy. Maintaining Arch is a measure of your diligence. Contributing to Arch is a measure of your competence.
Griemak-Bleeding edge, not bleeding flat. Edge denotes falls will occur from time to time. Bring your own parachute.

#3 2009-05-29 11:45:55

karol
Archivist

Re: How to permanently set wicd wired interface? eth0 changes to vboxnet0

Board footer