You are not logged in.

#1 2009-06-04 20:00:46

sfauzia

[SOLVED] Hidden SSID Not Working WITH scan_ssid=1

I never had problems connecting to my school's hidden network when I followed a tip I read online saying to first run iwconfig, then ifconfig and iwconfig again, wpa_supplicant, and dhcpcd, of course. For the past two months, however, I have not been able to connect, probably because of an upgraded package. I added scan_ssid=1 to my wpa_supplicant under the appropriate heading:

network={
scan_ssid=1
ssid="Hidden Here"
key_mgmt=IEEE8021X
eap=LEAP
identity="me"
password="my password"
}

Even with the above procedure, and the normal procedure (ifconfig, wpa_supplicant, dhcpcd), I cannot connect to the hidden network. There's obviously not a problem with my wireless driver because I can connect to non-hidden SSIDs just fine, and, again, never had a problem when I installed Arch Linux on my computer (a Lenovo X61t) back in March (or, reinstalled, I should say. I think my first install was sometime in January...). Ethernet (which I gain access to with the same entry in my wpa_supplicant) with the same network also works perfectly fine. Can someone please help?

Last edited by sfauzia (2009-06-26 23:17:24)

#2 2009-06-07 09:43:34

wisecapt

Re: [SOLVED] Hidden SSID Not Working WITH scan_ssid=1

You can try to scan your network using iwlist, for example: sudo iwlist wlan0 scan essid your_essid.
If your network isn't showed in the iwlist output, you need to install and configure crda.

Last edited by wisecapt (2009-06-07 09:45:52)

#3 2009-06-07 14:00:21

sfauzia

Re: [SOLVED] Hidden SSID Not Working WITH scan_ssid=1

I'll install it now just to check. Really appreciate it, thanks.

[edit] My internet is working perfectly now with hidden SSIDs. Strange, that it didn't work immediately after configuring crda though... I half-think some update fixed it, but I really don't know. [/edit]

Last edited by sfauzia (2009-06-26 23:17:05)

Board footer