You are not logged in.

#1 2009-07-05 16:29:43

Cilyan
Website

[solved] Pango modules : text is rendered with squares

Hello
I couldn't find the solution in the forum, so I though I'd post the solution. If your GTK apps display text with squares only, you may have a problem with pango modules. You can debug that by launching the app in a terminal, but it's not that easy if all your apps including the terminal are in GTK...
The solution is to run this command :

pango-querymodules > '/etc/pango/pango.modules'

Normally, this is done when upgrading pango, but sometimes it gets wrong with no reason.

Cilyan

#2 2009-07-10 10:16:29

harlan86

Re: [solved] Pango modules : text is rendered with squares

Hello Cilyan,
I got this issue(http://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=75541), and just today find your topic.
Thank's a lot for a solution and my respects smile
But, i think that better to place this topic in Desktop Environments  forums, because first of all users will think that this problem with x11 and find there first..

#3 2010-10-15 15:17:29

andrej.podzimek

Hi, this doesn't help. There is an issue with file permissions of some font definitions. All works fine under root, but fails under unprivileged accounts. Regenerating the pango.modules file doesn't have anything in common with this.

#4 2010-11-10 06:03:24

Inxsible
Forum Fellow

This thread is a more than a year old. Of course it won't help. Create a new thread and link this one to let people lknow what youhave tried. but  please don't bump old threads.

Closing...

Forum Rules

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots !

Board footer