You are not logged in.

#1 2009-07-14 21:07:38

SilverTL

multiple ip's wired/wireless psp blarg

I'll start out with what I'm trying to accomplish.  I desire to use xlink kai but before that I'm trying to get linux to connect to my PsP.  I have successfully connected using wicd but wicd then disconnects my wired connection which isn't going to work, if anyone knows how to setup wicd with multiple IP's (wired and wireless) that would be great. 

Manual connection I'm not sure how to pull off considering that the PSP will need to connect on demand as games im trying to ad-hoc over the wan connect and disconnect often.

Network manager seems to be able to pull off being connected to my router through wired and wireless at the same time but it won't connect to the psp and always defaults back to the router which is rather annoying considering it's already connected to the router through wired.

Right now I have wired disabled while posting to prove to myself that the wireless dongle works using wicd.

Anyway if anyone has any idea how to deal with this, let me know.

Rundown
psp over wan
need wired connection to internet
need wireless connection to psp
wicd can connect to psp but not wired at same time
networkmanager can connect to the router with both wired and wireless at the same time but can't connect to psp

Thanks for bearing with me.

Oh and if I'm retarded and there is an obvious page or wiki just give me links and flame me as i spent about 5 hours finding nothing that works

#2 2009-07-14 22:00:00

tomk
Forum Fellow

Re: multiple ip's wired/wireless psp blarg

You will need manual intervention here. wicd and networkmanager are doing what they were designed for i.e. providing a connection to a client on a network. Your plan essentially turns your PC into a router - it will be routing packets between the psp and the internet.So you're looking for the linux equivalent of "Internet Connection Sharing", which is usually called masquerading. Google will help you out with the details.

#3 2009-07-15 06:34:36

SilverTL

Thank a lot I couldn't think of how to search for it "masquerading" would have never come to mind but yes it seems as though google can help me now that I know what to search for.  Thanks again.

#4 2009-07-15 07:27:09

tomk
Forum Fellow

"linux internet connection sharing" works in google too. smile

#5 2009-07-15 08:09:56

SilverTL

I was searching for connecting to two different networks and variants as such mostly getting hits that were people trying to figure out how to connect to different wireless networks when they take their laptops different places >.<

Board footer