You are not logged in.

#1 2009-07-23 15:41:05

taligent

Compiling php in abs [SOLVED]

I am trying to compile php in abs and running into a snag.  The pkgbuild has a list of build time dependencies that conflict.  It requires imap and smtp-server.  However smtp-server is provided by courier-mta which conflicts with imap.  How do I get that compiled? 

Also, a less important question, but if these are compile time dependencies, is there a flag in the build that will tell it to look for the packages and if not installed, install them into a temp environment only for the compilation, and then wipe them out after the compilation?

Last edited by taligent (2009-07-23 16:18:11)

#2 2009-07-23 16:13:32

foutrelis
Developer
Website

Re: Compiling php in abs [SOLVED]

taligent wrote:

I am trying to compile php in abs and running into a snag.  The pkgbuild has a list of build time dependencies that conflict.  It requires imap and smtp-server.  However smtp-server is provided by courier-mta which conflicts with imap.  How do I get that compiled?

You can temporarily install postfix, which satisfies the smtp-server dependency and doesn't conflict with imap:

pacman -S postfix --asdeps
taligent wrote:

Also, a less important question, but if these are compile time dependencies, is there a flag in the build that will tell it to look for the packages and if not installed, install them into a temp environment only for the compilation, and then wipe them out after the compilation?

See the --rmdeps option in makepkg's man page. However, if I remember correctly, this option won't work well with, in lack of a better term, "virtual" packages like smtp-server that are provided by other packages. In that case, you can try the following pacman command which removes any orphan packages found on your system (i.e.: packages that were installed as dependencies and are not needed by any other installed package):

pacman -Rs $(pacman -Qtdq)

#3 2009-07-23 16:16:35

taligent

Re: Compiling php in abs [SOLVED]

Sweet.  Thanks a lot.

Board footer