You are not logged in.

#1 2009-08-10 04:39:11

Mr Pink57

[SOLVED]netcfg issue

uiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii\uuuuSo I use netcfg and I have the ipw2200 driver and everything works fine when I am at home.  But if I bring my laptop to say my mothers and connected through a wired connection it simply either failes dhcp or says no connection.  I am on her laptop now connected throught a wired connection on Vista the same connection I tried.

As far as being able give an output I cannot at this time as I do not have a means of transfering the info to this laptop. 

Also I am using the latest dhcpcd, dhclient, and netcfg.

CONNECTION="ethernet-iproute"
IP="dhcp"
DHCLIENT=yes
DHCP_TIMEOUT=30
QUIRKS=(prescan)

Tried the quirk to see what may or may not happen.

pink

Last edited by Mr Pink57 (2009-08-11 04:54:59)

Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

Diplomacy without force is like music without instruments.

#2 2009-08-10 04:48:01

iphitus
Forum Fellow

Re: [SOLVED]netcfg issue

where did that configuration come from? It's among the most bizzarre I've seen.

Main problem is... no INTERFACE= specified. How is it meant to connect without one?

The prescan quirk only applies to wireless, and scans for wireless networks before connecting - but you're on a wired connection here. AFAIK ethernet-iproute doesnt support DHCLIENT either so that line is probably redundant too.

#3 2009-08-11 04:54:40

Mr Pink57

Re: [SOLVED]netcfg issue

There is in fact a interface but I did leave it out, I made the suggested changes and for some reason it works just using a basic ethernet-dhcp and my wireless works fine with using the wpa_supplicant example.

pink

Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

Diplomacy without force is like music without instruments.

Board footer