You are not logged in.

#1 2009-08-11 02:51:57

londy

yaourt -Sb & download location

When I execute yaourt -Sb it downloads the soure file from archlinux.org, which throttles the download speed. How do I change the download location to match pacman's mirrorlist? Thanks.

#2 2009-08-11 02:55:08

Peasantoid
Website

Re: yaourt -Sb & download location

Are you downloading from AUR or repositories? If it's the latter, don't use yaourt. Someone else can take a stab at the former option.

#3 2009-08-11 03:19:15

londy

I was trying to rebuild mplayer to get vdpau support (yaourt -Sb mplayer).

Took my advice from here:

http://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=74986

#4 2009-08-11 05:37:38

Berseker

I think that yaourt -Sb downloads from archlinux.org only the PKGBUILD and install files, but the sources of the apps are usually downloaded from their respective websites

#5 2009-08-11 06:15:16

Statix

Berseker wrote:

I think that yaourt -Sb downloads from archlinux.org only the PKGBUILD and install files, but the sources of the apps are usually downloaded from their respective websites

Yup. It works like the AUR in that way.

If you want to use a mirror you have to find one online and then edit the source line in the PKGBUILD when prompted. The arch repos only have the packages, not the source. The source usually comes from the developers' websites.

Edit:
Just realized that the mplayer source is being gotten from the archlinux.org mirror (from an "other" folder that doesn't seem to be present on the other mirrors). So it looks like you're out of luck unless one of the other mirrors does have that other folder.

Last edited by Statix (2009-08-11 06:32:20)

Madly in love with Arch64, Openbox, DotA, and of course... penguins!
Happy to help if you're not a Help Vampire. Use your wonderful resources like ArchWiki, Google, and our wonderful search page.

#6 2009-08-11 09:42:14

londy

Ok, I understand how it works now. I thought there was some config file that points to archlinux.org but it's in the PKGBUILD file itself. I looked on the mirror I usually use and there was no "other" directory so I guess I have to use archlinux.org.

BTW, I finally got mplayer w/ vdpau working after 3 attempts. If anyone's interested, on my 3rd attempt I did:

yaourt -Sb mplayer

And in the PKGBUILD I added 'freetype2' in the "depends" and in the "configure" line I added --enable-freetype, --enable-ass, and --enable-debug.

Board footer