You are not logged in.

#1 2009-08-16 17:53:16

Brolbus

After netinstall no more network....

Hi,

I bought a new laptop (lenovo 3000 G530) and today I installed arch on it.
I have used arch before on other laptops

So...  I did a net-install, which worked fine and kept the used networkconfiguration, no problems there...
The problems start after the reboot...   I can't ping google.

I use dhcp, the router has the ip's of the dns, I've put them in resolv.conf as well.
I've spent the last few hours checking the configuration files and they seem fine.

Anyone has some idea on how to solve this?

#2 2009-08-16 22:24:08

djszapi
Website

Re: After netinstall no more network....

Welcome to the forum, Brolbus!

"I've put them in resolv.conf as well" -> In normal case it's not neccessary, it's an automatically thing.

Did you try with networkmanager/wicd too? Sometimes I'd got problem from console, but gui managers worked. Doi you use wired or wireless connection form ?

#3 2009-08-17 00:43:44

Brolbus

Re: After netinstall no more network....

Thx for the reply.
I'm trying to use the wired connection...  The networkcard is a Broadcom Netlink BCM5906m fast ethernet.
I'm not using any managers or gui....  I just finished installing the netinstall, so now i'm trying to do the pacman upgrade an so on...    the funny thing is that the network isn't working any more, but it did work during the netinstall so I now it can work.
According to some articles on the net I need to use a tg3 module....   modprobe says it is loaded.
I've already tried dynamic ip and fixed ip....   but is stays the same...  when I ping the router everything is fine, when I ping google all the packetsare lost.

What could be the problem?

Board footer