You are not logged in.

#1 2009-08-29 18:48:42

userlander

[SOLVED] irssi won't connect to freenode

N/M - connecting now after a reboot. I have no idea what the problem was, maybe DNS b/c I think I was  messing with resolv.conf a few days ago to test something, but it seems to be solved. The reboot must have cleared out whatever I had in resolv.conf is my best guess.

==============================================

I was connected, everything was working fine for a few weeks through a screen session, then I tried connecting to another server and couldn't connect. I tried a few more servers (efnet, quakenet, etc.) and couldn't connect to those either. I thought maybe my irssi session had gotten corrupted or something, so i /quit everything, restarted irssi, and then couldn't connect even to freenode.

Now after a short time I can connect to other servers in irssi, but still not freenode. However, I /can/ connect to freenode with x-chat and weechat. I thought my irssi configuation might have gotten messed up somehow, so I removed the .irssi directory and started with a default config. But I still can't connect to freenode in irssi, only xchat and weechat.

Does anyone have the remotest clue what might be wrong? I don't understand what might be blocking only irssi from connecting.

Last edited by userlander (2009-08-29 18:54:36)

Board footer