You are not logged in.

#1 2009-09-15 23:48:16

otacon
Website

Windows print server....

I have an old Windows computer and I am trying to turn it into a print server with not much luck.
I would switch to linux but I am also using it as a Magicjack station and Magicjack will not work on linux.
So I set up a printer on the windows and set it up to share. I go on my mac add the printer send the file and nothing happens.
PRINT!!!
So I look on the Windows computer and and find that the print was sent by guest?? Which I do not know why because I gave the administer's name and password. Also it says print failed??? So it is getting something but just not printing the document.

I can not find how to set up a windows print server that works with OSX and ArchLinux.

Is this possible?

http://remcycle.net
Cheap Web Hosting and Even Cheaper Domain Registration

#2 2009-09-16 12:37:03

R00KIE
Forum Fellow

Re: Windows print server....

That sounds a bit like a windows problem so I doubt you will get much (if any) help about that here, but look in the wiki maybe there is something the about how to connect to a windows print server.

If you can't find anything there use google tongue and try some windows help forums, you have better chances of getting help with this there I suppose.

R00KIE
Tm90aGluZyB0byBzZWUgaGVyZSwgbW92ZSBhbG9uZy4K

#3 2009-09-22 15:39:34

nullvoid

Re: Windows print server....

I use samba, cups and ghostscript to natively print from Windows computers on my network.

Board footer