hmm...likely the udev thing is the issue.
"Be conservative in what you send; be liberal in what you accept." -- Postel's Law
"tacos" -- Cactus' Law
"t̥͍͎̪̪͗a̴̻̩͈͚ͨc̠o̩̙͈ͫͅs͙͎̙͊ ͔͇̫̜t͎̳̀a̜̞̗ͩc̗͍͚o̲̯̿s̖̣̤̙͌ ̖̜̈ț̰̫͓ạ̪͖̳c̲͎͕̰̯̃̈o͉ͅs̪ͪ ̜̻̖̜͕" -- -̖͚̫̙̓-̺̠͇ͤ̃ ̜̪̜ͯZ͔̗̭̞ͪA̝͈̙͖̩L͉̠̺͓G̙̞̦͖O̳̗͍
Hi since my last pacman -Syu i can´t use my Wlan. It loads the modul without any errors. But when i drop the "Wlan-button" my computer freezes!!!
I also changed from devfs to udev!
this happens on alot of laptops - just dont use the button, it should work fine
Nov 10 2004 Changes in 0.13
* Modified SW/HW rf_kill interaction functionality. See README.ipw2200 for details on current usage.
* Fixed #239: iwconfig eth1 rts off/auto not supported
* Fixed problem with not being able to associate with non-broadcast ESSID APs
* Changed default temporal timeout for scan age to 15s
* Changed MAC2STR and MACSTR to MAC_FMT and MAC_ARG
* Fixed problem with scan results not expiring
* Fixed a bug in ad-hoc support (#295) that prevented the creation of a new ad-hoc network
* Reduced interval of scan requests to 1/10th second (vs. 5 seconds)
* Modified scan logic to alternate between directed and active scanning when an ESSID is defined. This should improve AP to AP roaming via ESSID selection.
* Increased dwell time on directed scans to 100ms from 20ms
* Fixed fragmentation for both wep and with no encryption
* Fixed wireless stats reporting to indicate that the noise level is invalid. This version of the firmware does not provide noise statistics.
* Fixed a bug that prevented 'iwpriv ethX set_mode N' from working correctly