You are not logged in.

#1 2009-10-18 02:48:01

ssl6

web server cookie problem

so i built a web server. running arch obviously. and i have my website setup on there, with a phpbb3 board embedded. my problem is, i can't figure out how to get cookies working properly so that the forum will save my password, or anyone else's for that matter.

i've been toying with some settings in the php.ini and in the forum ACL, but can't figure out what i'm missing. any thoughts on where to start?

this is a signature

#2 2009-10-18 03:44:26

Vladman

Re: web server cookie problem

Are using epiphany by any chance?
I'm assuming you run arch on your other pc.

Chances are its a problem with a browser not your server.

My epiphany broke after reacent update, however, seamonkey seem to work OK.

Try that first.

#3 2009-10-18 04:32:36

ssl6

i've tried it from my desktop using firefox and opera. i've tried it from my wifes machine using IE, my windows machine using IE, my friends have tried it with different browsers, its defintely a server side issue, at least i'm pretty sure it is

this is a signature

#4 2009-10-18 04:42:09

Vladman

Have you played with the cookie settings on the board it self?

From this page: http://www.phpbb.com/support/documentat … eneral.php

3.2.3.1. Cookie settings
Your board uses cookies all the time. Cookies can store information and data; for example, cookies are what enable users to automatically login to the board when they visit it. The settings on this page define the data used to send cookies to your users' browsers.

Warning
When editing your board's cookie settings, do so with caution. Incorrect settings can cause such consequences as preventing your users from logging in.

To edit your board's cookie settings, locate the COOKIE SETTINGS form. The following are four settings you may edit:

Cookie Settings

COOKIE DOMAIN: This is the domain that your board runs on. Do not include the path that phpBB is installed in; only the domain itself is important here.
COOKIE NAME: This is the name that will be assigned to the cookie when it is sent to your users' browsers and stored. This should be a unique cookie name that will not conflict with any other cookies.
COOKIE PATH: This is the path that the cookie will apply to. In most cases, this should be left as "/", so that the cookie can be accessible across your site. If for some reason you must restrict the cookie to the path that your board is installed in, set the value to the path of your board.
COOKIE SECURE: If your board is accessible via SSL, set this to ENABLED. If the board is not accessible via SSL, then leave this value set to DISABLED, otherwise server errors will result during redirections.
When you are done editing your board's server settings, click SUBMIT to submit your changes.

#5 2009-10-18 06:52:26

ssl6

thats done already

the main reason i'm asking here, and not on the phpbb forum is that after searching through their help docs and forum, i haven't found a fix. as far as i can tell after going through what i could find over there aside from the above configuration steps, is to contact the webhosts.....and well......in this case, i am the web host. and i'm lost

Last edited by ssl6 (2009-10-18 06:55:51)

this is a signature

#6 2009-10-18 18:40:42

Vladman

I have a vbulletin running on my arch server and it works fine, I would install some other forum just to make sure its not related to phpbb.

Board footer