You are not logged in.

#1 2009-11-03 19:53:57

dlmoak

Difficulty "seeing" wireless printer from computer connected by cable

I'm new to arch and have not found my exact problem in the wiki.  I have the system installed and am trying to setup my wireless printer.  My computer is connected to a broadband router by cable.  I have a wireless router which is also connected to the broadband router so that my wife can have internet access on her laptop downstairs and so that I can print to my wireless printer across the room.  The wireless router has WEP security and an SSID of "Moak Home" - I can't figure out how to pass cups the SSID, the WEP password, and the ip address of the printer.  The printer is an HP Officejet and was detected by Ubuntu on another system and worked so I know the printer is linux compatible.  I have installed hplip along with cups, ghostscript, and gutenprint and have tried setting up the printer via the cups web portal and also by using the gnome printer configuration tool.  any help would be greatly appreciated.  I posted this under Installation a day or two ago and thought it might be better here

Board footer