You are not logged in.

#1 2004-12-02 21:11:05

aias

selinux

Does anyone know if SE linux in Arch is being worked on?  I was going to take a shot at it, but did not want to duplicate it if someone else has already started working on it...

#2 2004-12-02 21:29:22

Xentac
Forum Fellow
Website

Re: selinux

No developers are working on it at this point.

I have discovered that all of mans unhappiness derives from only one source, not being able to sit quietly in a room
- Blaise Pascal

#3 2004-12-03 00:49:24

cactus
Taco Eater
Website

what do you need?
Re-Compile the kernel, and the modified system utils?

"Be conservative in what you send; be liberal in what you accept." -- Postel's Law
"tacos" -- Cactus' Law
"t̥͍͎̪̪͗a̴̻̩͈͚ͨc̠o̩̙͈ͫͅs͙͎̙͊ ͔͇̫̜t͎̳̀a̜̞̗ͩc̗͍͚o̲̯̿s̖̣̤̙͌ ̖̜̈ț̰̫͓ạ̪͖̳c̲͎͕̰̯̃̈o͉ͅs̪ͪ ̜̻̖̜͕" -- -̖͚̫̙̓-̺̠͇ͤ̃ ̜̪̜ͯZ͔̗̭̞ͪA̝͈̙͖̩L͉̠̺͓G̙̞̦͖O̳̗͍

#4 2004-12-03 15:01:56

aias

that's what the SE linux website says.  I was going to start the "porting" (as they call it) early in January as i will be on vacation for the next couple of weeks.
I wanted to run a fully SE linux enabled arch system before I packaged anything.
you interested in helping?

#5 2004-12-03 22:04:52

cactus
Taco Eater
Website

sure..its been quite a while since I fiddled with SELinux. Back in the days before it made it into 2.5. You had to manually patch a load of stuff using patches from the NSA site into the 2.4.x kernel..lol.
That always creeped me out a bit. wink

The hard part today is likely coming up with a decent ruleset for the MAC. Those rules are damn archaic too.  roll

I too am a bit busy for a few weeks. Put me down as a tentative maybe.  roll

"Be conservative in what you send; be liberal in what you accept." -- Postel's Law
"tacos" -- Cactus' Law
"t̥͍͎̪̪͗a̴̻̩͈͚ͨc̠o̩̙͈ͫͅs͙͎̙͊ ͔͇̫̜t͎̳̀a̜̞̗ͩc̗͍͚o̲̯̿s̖̣̤̙͌ ̖̜̈ț̰̫͓ạ̪͖̳c̲͎͕̰̯̃̈o͉ͅs̪ͪ ̜̻̖̜͕" -- -̖͚̫̙̓-̺̠͇ͤ̃ ̜̪̜ͯZ͔̗̭̞ͪA̝͈̙͖̩L͉̠̺͓G̙̞̦͖O̳̗͍

Board footer